Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could use some help with a birthday card for a friend
I could use a some help with writing a little note in a birthday card to a friend of mine whose birthday is Thursday. It might help if I gave a little back story,

Last semester I had a class with this kid who at first sight I knew I had to talk to him. I don't know if I just had a little bit of a crush on him or what but there was just something about him I really liked. I wouldn't call him flamboyant but it was fairly obvious that he was gay and at this time I couldn't even accept myself as being homosexual, I just felt comfortable talking to him. Anyway we started to talk and it was amazing how quickly we became friends. We hung out a few times a couple weeks after we met but it was a bit awkward at first because he didn't really know how to act around me and I didn't really know how to act around him. Recently just a month ago I ended up coming out to him and got super emotional about it and he's been helping me deal with all of the stress I was having and everything else. At this point I don't what I would do without him.

I may have rambled a little bit there lol but basically I just need help putting into words how much this guy means to me for just all the little things he has done for me and for just being there but I wanna try and not go too over the top with it. Any suggestions or input would be appreciated.

Tell him how much he has helped you and how lucky you feel having him there when you most needed someone and how much you appreciate his support.

ChiefJay Wrote:how much this guy means to me for just all the little things he has done for me and for just being there

This will say it all Smile He knows what he helped you with, so I think you don't need to write in details, just let him know how much you appreciate what he has done for you Smile It can be just one sentence, but he will understand.

[COLOR="Red"]Happy Birthday! May happiness be yours today and in the year ahead.
birthdays are feathers in the wing of time.
The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.
A true friend is difficult to find, is always on my mind, a true friend is some one like you
May happiness always live in your heart the way your friendship will always live in mine[/COLOR]

i hope this gets you started, maybe make it a contract to keep in touch through your lives every day this year.

How about this?

To a treasured friend who has always been there for me.
Wishing you the most wonderful day.

A good friend is like a pearl...A treasure very dificult to findXyxthumbs. To my best friend with all my appreciation!Remybussi. If you want to be discreet while you find out what does he feel about you, you can try a thought like thisConfusedmile:. Simple, concise and that merely show your acknowledgement for his friendship and support. :tongue:

A friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel its warmth Smile

ceez Wrote:A friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel its warmth Smile

You must admit it´s a very original thought:tongue:, and a funny one tooRofl.

Not that anyone really cares but I thought I'd let you guys know what I went with.lol
Quote:Even though we've only known each other for a short period of time, you really do mean a lot to me. I don't know what I would do without you and just want to thank you for everything.
After I gave it to him and he read it we shared a nice long hug. Smile

Of course we care, we wouldn't be here if we didn't Wink

I'm glad it worked well for you.