Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Craiglist hookups
swalter Wrote:Instead of using CL to find a hookup, stick with the apps (grindr, scruff, jack, etc) or A4A online. In my past experience, CL attracts a seedy crowd (as well as out of town guys). There's no guarantee that anyone who says they're DDF really are, so you'll have to make that judgment yourself.

And now, a PSA....

If you're sexually active and not in a monogamous relationship, you should get tested for STDs every 6mo if you're strictly a top, or every 3mo if you're a bottom or vers (the risk of HIV infection is greater for a bottom).

Im booking in again tomorrow to get tested for STDs I should be clean as my ex says he was.

Depends on how active you are too.

[SIZE="3"]First craigslist is not the place to be looking for a hookup. If it is the only way you can meet guys be very careful please.
As with any site you should be cautious of the dangers /meet in a public place and try and phone and skype first. Just trying to help im sure you know all this but someone might not.[/SIZE]

Well I know for certain that one person who posted an add there who said he was DDF (disease and drug free) has HIV and has had it for well over a decade.

I saw my exe's ad and I pulled him to the side and screamed at him telling him that that is illegal as all hell.

A lot of the ads are discreet hook-ups posted by guys who really don't get that many hits - meaning they don't get that much sex to where their status is likely to be a mistake.

There is no certainty no matter where you are looking. Any of those sites have its fair percentage of 'gift-givers'. There is a whole subgroup of HIV pos guys out there who actively seek to pass their infection on to unsuspecting hiv neg guys.

So there isn't just the worry that a guy may not know his own health, but that there are people out there who want to intentionally cause harm.

And it doesn't matter if you meet up on an app or a site or in a bar - the risks are there when dealing with anyone who does casual hook-ups.

You need to gird your lions and wear protection, or stick to monogamy and get ready to only have 8 sex partners in all of your life or something like that.

Exactly. Even I want to hook-up so badly sometimes, but I just don't want to risk it.

You should assume everyone is HIV+ and act accordingly.

I don't know Craiglist since I never was a fan of those kind of online services that sell pretty much everything, even my grand mother's dirty underwear. With everything you do on the web you've got to be careful and vigilant and it is even more true when you're looking for sexual services (or just sex) because your health could seriously be jeopardized. For me, it doesn't matter on which online services you are signing on; people on the Internet are continuously "coating" the truth and there's not many ways for you to verify it.

So you want to place an ad for a blowjob? Congratulation! Now you worry about diseases? Well, here's another congratulation for you, this means that you are aware there could be danger. Before I tackle the part where you should be careful with what you will get from online hookups or dating let's come clear with the disease part.

For HIV to be contracted by oral sex - blowjob (taking in consideration that it's all clean, with healthy gums and treated cavities) it would take roughly 7 liters of saliva for you to contract HIV from fellatio. And it will need to be drunk. In an average on a 24 hours, 7 liter is what one single human being produces of saliva. So wants HIV or any other STD from saliva, spit in a bucket every few seconds for the whole day, and at the end of the day drink it up... still your chance will still be quite minimal to contract an STD.

Quote:An individual secrete saliva at a rate of approximately 0.5 milliliters per minute. Multiplying 0.5 milliliters by 960 minutes in an average 16-hour waking day amounts to 480 milliliters of saliva in 16 hours. This is only an estimate since various activities such as exercise, eating, drinking, and speaking all increase salivary volume.

Your mouth, nose and eyes are one area that contains an impressive amount of white blood cells, now if you do recall you basic biology courses, white blood cells are the Interpol police of your body. So you can be certain that a lot of them are presents in any part of your body that deals with external incoming. Saliva is composed of 95% water and the remaining 5% is a mix of electrolytes (cells shit lol), mucus (yep same has what you find in your hand when sneezing - if you've learned to cover - but in far less quantity), and enzymes (proteins produced by living cells).

Now you are going to ask what this whole biology crap has to do with getting a blow job or being possibly infected with STD, simple, your body has a very good protection policy, however, if you're getting blown by a guys with a very poor oral hygiene, you may get some problem since your gland is a sponge and therefore is composed of very microscopic hole that will welcome many type of bacteria, the only time however those bacteria are considered STD is if the person blowing or being blown has oral or genital herpes. Once you have herpes, it's for life, it can disappear for years but yep through your life it will come back again and again, and bad oral hygiene being in contact with your penis may just trigger it. However do recall that once a oral herpes is transferred to your penis, it is not called a "cold sore" anymore, it's called genital herpes... and it is much more painful than a "cold sore." Herpes is very contagious and it remain contagious until it completely disappear.

But AIDS, Hepatitis B and C are not catchable by oral sex. Now here's something you need to be conscious about. I don't know for Craigslist but I have a feeling that's it's worst there since the ads are free and any Joe, Jack and Mark can post and say whatever and there's no way of reporting them or verifying them, but if someone claim to be clean you might want to ask them more question.
  • When was the last time they've got tested?
  • Did he has sex between the time he was tested and the last sexual encounters?
  • How many partner have he had in the last three months?
  • If he's so certain that he's clean, each clinic (even the anonymous one) can provided a certificate proving that one has been tested for HIV, Hepatitis and other STDs.
  • Would he agree to be tested (nowadays test are done anonymously and the result practically comes right away) what's 1 hour of your life to have a great 10 to 20 minutes blowjob LOL.

Other solution if you're not too certain, use sheep skin condom... but I don't think you'd have lot of interested parties with that one.

In all and all dude, just be careful... The road to hell is paved with good intentions! And online dating is your MODERN HELL.

Most likely, the Craigslist poster thinks he is DDF, because he isn't aware of any diseases, which means that he probably doesn't have gonorrhea or syphilis, because there are usually symptoms. Doesn't mean he did not catch something very recently that has not yet manifested symptoms , and there is always the possibility that he is lying. For anal sex (if you must have it) condoms are necessary.

I think every single person on these sites lies. They will put DDF even if they don't know. Sorry if that sounds cynical but hey, better be cynical than diseased or whatever. I would not even consider trusting anyone.

Uneunsae Wrote:I think every single person on these sites lies. They will put DDF even if they don't know. Sorry if that sounds cynical but hey, better be cynical than diseased or whatever. I would not even consider trusting anyone.

Well it's normal they lie... they only have one thing in mind and it's to have sex. So if they are being honest and tells you that they have AIDS or any type of contagious disease would you still accept their invitation? In all honesty I may have said in the past that it didn't disturbs me much, but Russian Roulette isn't something I want to play my life with... so yes I'd probably back up.

Most relationships my dear friend starts with a lie. White lies yes, but a lie nonetheless, and YOU and pretty much everyone in this forum are not exempt from it. You did it, I did it, my husband did it, heck even my parents and grand parents did it.

First time I said I love you to my husband after 6 months of very sexual relationship was a total lie, I didn't really love him... I just liked being with him and having sex with him because everytime we were together in the first year it would always end with either a blowjob, handjob or full blown sex act. But 6 months later when he asked me again (after we had reduce sex and increase time being spent together without necessarily have sex) it was the truth I did started to love him and it started showing since we stopped FUCKING and started making love instead. What's the difference between the two? Neither him or myself were in hurry to spray sperms at each other lol.

I'm confused. Are you defending the lies? If they don't know if they are DDF I think they shouldn't post at all! Why on earth would somoene risk another person's health so THEY can get off? I don't understand this mentality and I am horny all the time. And if everyone knows it's a lie, then why does anyone bother? People are so ridiculous with the games.

Can you please clarify what you mean by "starting every relationship with a lie"? No, I've never lied to anyone to sleep with them or whatever. I don't say "I love you" too early in relationships. Those words are used way too often. I'm also not like the people who are on their "best behaviour" in the beginning of a relationship and then change later. I'm pretty honest about my flaws too, because I don't want the person to find things out about me later and be surprised. Why? What's the point?? Anyway, that's what I think of when you said that people start relationships with lies. I just disagree with that generalization.

But we're talking about Craigslist, not a serious relationship.

Yes, I know I have a naive spirit. God forbid people should do the right thing. Rolleyes I know I'm going to get a lecture on how someone doesn't believe that I'm not a liar and that it's impossible for people to do the right thing or something.