Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crush on Starbucks Employee
I have a crush on a very cute boy who works at Starbucks. I am almost certain he is gay, and I think I even heard him talking to his coworkers about an ex-boyfriend. (Which is good for me, lol.) He's really, really friendly to me, although I think he is friendly to everyone. The problem is, of course, that I don't know how to make friends with him. He can't walk away from his job to talk to a customer, and I can't talk to him while he's busy making coffee. Not to mention the fact that I'm very shy. Sad

I am aware that this may just be a silly fantasy, and that it probably is just my romantic side getting the better of me. I'm also aware that all the other gay guys who go into Starbucks are probably in love with the guy and have better chances of attracting his attention. But, still, I feel that I must follow my heart. I'm wondering if anyone has advice or has been in a situation like this.

OMG The starbucks guy here (Dunedin, NZL) is the same. He is very cute and very very friendly!

Haha, I don't go to Starbucks, instead I get my coffee from Canada's knock-off, Second Cup.

There's a guy who works at this Thai restaurant downtown that adds a certain extra spice to my curry.

1. For a while be really obviously gay around him e.g. Get on your mobile and talk to your imaginary friend about guys and how you never seem to find a guy who treats your right or something like that.
2. After a few days of this tell him he looks nice.
3. The next time you come in, ask him when he gets off of his shift and ask him if he would like to come and see a movie with you.

^ I would never do this. If it was me, I'd count him as a lost cause. But if you want to do it, its probably the only way to do it.

Why can't you talk to him while he's making coffee? Maybe you could try making a compliment about his uniform, or his hair, or something...I know it may be hard, but there is no other way you can do this. :/

In my youth I developed a little technique to handle these kind of situations. I would casually say while waiting for him to prep my order, something along the line of...

"Hey Didn't I see you at (insert local gay bar/club here) last weekend? "

If he doesn't know what you are talking about or replies in the negative, let it drop as just small talk and move on.

If on the other hand he replies in any form of positive, then make your move with " maybe I will see you there this weekend" and smile.

Subtle and safe. Smile

Do a bit of research, find out when that branch is usually quiet, that will be the best time to speak to him.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. They all sound doable, but I'm still a scaredy-cat, lol. Oh well, I probably just fall in love with random strangers to energize my life.

OrphanPip, that video was hillarious.

Lolll starbuck guys are all adorable. I have crush on at least 10 Starbucks employee so far haha. So everyday, just come and order something from him. Always smile, and say how are you doing. Ask for his name and greet him by his name while call his coworker "sir" or "mam". After 1-2 weeks, ask for his phone number.

As an ex-Starbucks employee, I had many many crushes on my frequent customers. I sooooo wanted one of them to ask me out on a date -___- But just so you know, it's less appropriate for the employees to ask you out on a date (what if you report it to the manager if you're offended?)

GO FOR IT! I bet he has a crush on you too!