Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Curious
I'm new here and noticed that my posts and threads haven't gone through. I received a message that said they have to be approved by a moderator and that hasn't happened.

I didn't post anything bad, one was a poem about my late twin brother. What's going on? :confused:

It could be that you have only two posts and can't start a thread yet...I don't know about the actual posting part.

Flowerydreams Wrote:It could be that you have only two posts and can't start a thread yet...I don't know about the actual posting part.

Thanks. I don't think it's that as I just started THIS thread, but thanks for trying to help. My poem was in the poetry thread. Maybe the mod didn't like my style.

The different boards could have different restrictions (if there are any to begin with). As this is the chitchat board and the most used, it could be free for new people to post/create threads in while the poetry thread could be in a board with more restrictive posting access. I dunno.

Take for example, I know there is a restriction until you get 50 posts against posting links/images.

Flowerydreams Wrote:The different boards could have different restrictions (if there are any to begin with). As this is the chitchat board and the most used, it could be free for new people to post/create threads in while the poetry thread could be in a board with more restrictive posting access. I dunno.

Take for example, I know there is a restriction until you get 50 posts against posting links/images.

Thanks Flowerydreams, I think I'm just gonna find a different gay forum. Not real crazy bout some of the stuff I've been reading on here anyway. Stay cool.

i think it has to be approved until you hit 50 post. i went threw this also.

Hi ChillyMan it takes a little time to get approved. Scatter

ChillyMan Wrote:Thanks Flowerydreams, I think I'm just gonna find a different gay forum. Not real crazy bout some of the stuff I've been reading on here anyway. Stay cool.

Chillyman, what happened here the last day or 2 is not the normal thing for these forums, you just joined at a bad time.

The one thing I would like you and other to take from that experience is that no matter what gay forums you go to, there will be peadophiles, perverts, predators and outright weirdos that will upset the natural harmony of things....BUT there are no other forums in this world of our where so many of us will band together and do our darndest to restore peace and recreate the peaceful and SAFEST possible environment for people like you.

Yeah, don't go Chilly! I found some of the restrictions a bit......annoying at first too (sorry Andy). But I suppose they're there to prevent abuses and such. And as dfiant says above, some of the stuff going on on this board recently wasn't usual. I still think this is, by far, the best, most interesting, most welcoming message board on the net for LGBT people to post on. My advice is to dive in head first and get accustomed. Enjoy your stay! Smile

ChillyMan Wrote:Thanks. I don't think it's that as I just started THIS thread, but thanks for trying to help. My poem was in the poetry thread. Maybe the mod didn't like my style.

I'm new too. I've noticed that when I post anything lengthy, it has to be approved by a moderator... but when I post a tiny response it goes through immediately. Smile All of them eventually are posted.