Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Current Projects?
This will turn into another list thread where everyone posts their own shit witjout showing an interrst in anyone elses shit.

So i will not do that.

OP - what masks. And what are they for?

Albie Wrote:Slowly writing a book and playing around with RPG Maker to design a game.

What is the book about?

Too many! I'd like to say I'm working on my novel, but I'm too busy with other things.
A few:
Cleaning house for a 2-week guest coming soon. (Today, I'm packing books, sorting the ones to store and get rid of. That includes updating my digital list of all my books, which tells me where they are since I don't have shelf space for them all.)
Getting the garden and seedlings ready for Spring planting.
Putting together a couple of databases in Excel and Access for a neighbor who is running for a state office. (I could use some help with Access.)

On the list, but not active now:

Learning more about using my first DSLR camera.
Remove a virus (or something) from my older computer. No luck with that yet, but I want to use it.
Get another older computer running with Linux and Windows.
Get the other new computer to run a certain program properly.
Install a backup hard drive on the good computer.
Convert some VHS movies to DVD.
Concert some music on LP records to CD.

Elijoan Wrote:Remove a virus (or something) from my older computer.

Tried Malwarebytes?

yousir Wrote:Tried Malwarebytes?

Yes, thanks. I tried several programs.

Elijoan Wrote:Yes, thanks. I tried several programs.

What is the virus doing?

mrex Wrote:Writing and illustrating a book...

Would you tell us more about this? Most people seem to do one or the other.

yousir Wrote:What is the virus doing?

After the computer has been running a few days, regardless of what programs are running, and even if none except the OS (Win XP), parts of the displayed text and graphics start disappearing. First, just some text, like email subjects or the title bars. When the text is still there, I can click on things to save or close files and programs. That's usually the second day of running, or maybe late the first day. (It's been a while since I've checked.)

Eventually, entire buttons and blocks of text go blank. If I've waited too long and most of the text is gone, it's unresponsive. The outlines of the open windows are usually still there and the desktop is still arranged normally -- the colors, the placement of icons, etc, but there's no content (eventually).

I have pics, but it looks like I can't upload them directly.

How old is it? Have you tried searching google specifically for those symptoms?

yousir Wrote:How old is it? Have you tried searching google specifically for those symptoms?

I don't remember the year, but I bought it when they were selling new PC with Vista and I asked for XP. I tried a variety of searches, but I should probably try more. I gave up trying several months ago because I've been busy.

I have been asked to DJ a burlesque show, so I've been running around (in real life and online) trying to find all the music they would like. My fault, since I exclusively DJ with vinyl, and some of the music they've created their routines to aren't the easiest ones to find on vinyl. But I WILL get this done, and it WILL kick ass, damnit. Smile

Lex