Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Damian hirst is not an artist!
At it's best and it's worst...art is always subjective and personal and is as good as the person who is viewing it thinks it is....it is purely one opinion versus another and opinions are like assholes...everyone has one.

Yes I know his works. Still ^^Stencils^^ though Wink

Since no one actually knows his identity, how do you know he's exhibited in Cornwall?

ObW
X

oh well i do not like banksy, about the only person my age who does. No its not art and its getting boring now and east you made your point, you think art is subjective, you think that, agree to disagree. And i really wish we hadnt gone down the banksy route. Im dissapointed that you think this is art londoner, it graffiti, it can be reproduced

OlderButWiser Wrote:Yes I know his works. Still ^^Stencils^^ though Wink

Since no one actually knows his identity, how do you know he's exhibited in Cornwall?

ObW
X

I said in my post that I couldn't provide a link. Sorry, I know because the exhibition was reviewd in various newspapers. The only painting I remember was of Members of Parliament but all their heads were animal heads.

Having said that, I have searched again and found this:

http://es.images.search.yahoo.com/search...+paintings

in which he uses his anarchic sense of humour.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

partis Wrote:No its not art and its getting boring now.... Im dissapointed that you think this is art londoner, it graffiti, it can be reproduced

Lol. I knew you would never change your stripes, partis, but I just had to quote this anyways. Anything you don't like sure isn't art at all to you.

partis Wrote:Ok its art…

The same way a cat screeching can be considered music. I think you bowyn put more thought into his work than he himself does, since he just draws dots Rolleyes, hell he doesnt even draw dots himself. it has no BEAUTY or EMOTIONAL power that one can speak off… a child with the right tools and teaching could reproduce it.

Ok its art

But its fish & chips not caviar. I like fish & chips but dont tell me its caviar or that in 50 years time it,ll be caviar cause it,ll still be fish & chips.

not a good example cause i really do like fish and chips.

And it still produces an emotional response in you..

No its not caviar - ew fish eggs.... Xyxthumbs

Festino Wrote:That would be the definition of a "talented" artist, but anyone can be an artist.

I am not talking about ANYONE who can draw, paint, or sculpt........I am talking about these hacks who think what they do is SO awesome, powerful, out of the ordinary, and nobody else can do or has done, and brainwash people into believing that they have talent, when in fact they are nothing but fakers making a buck.

Yes, they are "artists"...............

CON ARTISTS!!!!

Being a conartist requires a certain talent and skill and a lot of creative interest....

I was reminded of a scene from the Daria movie, Is It Fall Yet? where Dotson shows paper plates on sticks which he calls "Paper Plate Genocide." After praising his own work he asks himself (to his admiring fans) what he was thinking when he created it. Jane quips, "I can't believe I'm getting away with it?"

It does make me wonder how much art becomes commercially successful and famous because of the right connections.

I wonder if I have some artistic potential (other than creative writing), I saw this and figured the artist HAD to be related or otherwise close to someone on campus to get this put there:

[Image: STATUE-master675.jpg]

The article I read this in shared how the all-women's college had students freak out over it and start a petition to have it removed as it was "triggering" in making students feel violated and perhaps even flashing back to traumatic rape. While I can understand how how some images can indeed be triggering that way, such a man is not what I'd call "rapist" in any sense...and my INSTANT response was if I was there then I'd organize to have more statues made to look like it, only make them look like zombies (effectively making the "sleepwalker" look like part of a zombie march) and then start a petition about the triggering event of fearing of "having our brains eaten and then buying something like Sleepwalker as art for the campus." Make a commentary on everyone involved. :tongue: Maybe that makes me an artist (also known as a jerk Wink ).

But yeah, that and what the OP was about did make me wonder how much more important who you know is to what you create...and how repressive that may actually be in the name of freedom of expression (like authors who, if they want to get published in the big leagues, have to follow a formula, and then let the publisher dictate their work or they lose all control of and rights to their story and characters as the publisher gives it to someone else to make a McStory with, maybe the art world works in a similar fashion).

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:No its not caviar - ew fish eggs.... Xyxthumbs

I see what you mean :p