Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Death Metal, Goth Metal, Black Metal........
SilverFrost Wrote:Yep, Static X is industrial, not goth metal...

Well, they have grown in their music. They started out as Goth Metal, so thats how I keep thinking of them.

jaxc Wrote:Also Mr.Tinkles, I'm pretty sure static-x is considered industrial metal, not goth, but i'll forgive you for this once:biggrin:, besides to be honest even I think metal probably has way for sub-genres than it really needs:biggrin:

Well, a lot of bands/groups change and develop to different "lanes" of metal, so when I get used to one way of them playing, I tend to stick with it.

I know Static X has gotten a little bit more "metal" and a lot less "goth" over the years.

Come to think of it, I dont even know if anybody uses the term Goth Metal anymore.

More often than not, I just refer to the genre' as "Death Metal" for the harsher stuff, and "Dark or Black Metal" for the rest of it.

I know a lot of them sound the same, but sometimes, its the tiny difference that I pick up on, and thats when I will usually end up liking a group/band.

Of course, as far as Static X is concerned........Wayne Static is just too damn scrumdillyupmtious for words!!!
[Image: 9958ed401cafe0b1aee178342b7fc993.jpg]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcToTnik-5K9RpAn4_qvxEf...Itto7sa5zR]
[Image: 2184809.jpg]

im more a Slayer type music than leaning towards death metal, but ive always liked Carcass n napalm death they were may mates fave bands , his big one is Venom. for me you cant categorise them though as they did everything first that laid the ground work for many styles

I can't listen to this kind of music. Some of my friends are really into it and a friend once sent me the link to a death metal song. It literally scared me and I had to stop after a few seconds. There is a "Fallen Angels Party" in my city but I've never been there. I've only seen pictures to understand it's not for me Wink

I love more hardcore bands like Pro Pain, Cro-mags, Biohazard and my fave which I post here Dirty Rotten Imbeciles (D.R.I) - its the power of the music that I love and when ur in the pit it can be very ruff and prob looks violent to outsiders but we look after each other,

really happy to see others like this style of music too Smile

Just ran across something called Wiccan/Pagan Metal Music.........

are you into this type of music MR T ? cos your thread is "I know some heavy metal fans are on GS, but what about the darker sides of heavy metal? "

whats your bands then ? tell all

"

matty7 Wrote:are you into this type of music MR T ? cos your thread is "I know some heavy metal fans are on GS, but what about the darker sides of heavy metal? "

whats your bands then ? tell all

"

Im not really "into" this type of music, but I like some of it. I am very picky about music....it has to have its own "twang" when I hear it, for me to like it.

A lot of dark metal music sounds alike to me, but there are a few bands that have just a slight "twang" about them. There is just that slight difference that makes them stick out a bit.

As stated previously, I do like Static X a lot.
Cradle of Filth is by far the best Death Metal band I have heard so far.

I have downloaded some free dark metal bands off of Amazon, but I dont remember their band names off-hand.

I wish techno, trance, and dark metal music was around when I was in high school, I would have probably gotten into the music industry if I had heard this kind of music back then.