Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diaries/Journals
[MENTION=21041]Jay[/MENTION] I think you should get it published, it can inspire many people that want to do exactly what you did.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

Jay Wrote:Bookworm, if I may share parts of my journal.
[B]

Of course Jay, share away! Confusedmile:

I've told you before, you're an inspiration! I remember some of your back story which you've shared previously. You took the bull by the horns and completely turned your life around. I know it's been a somewhat torturous journey for you too but you are now reaping the benefits!

And why are those people fixating on your apparent sunken face?
I don't understand them, your face looks perfectly fine to me!

You could also look into self-publishing your work; many people seem to be going down the route these days. There's a section on Amazon that deals with it but I don't know how to go about it on all honesty.

Thanks for sharing Bighug
<<<<I'm just consciousness having a human experience>>>>

Thanks Ceez and Bookworm. I will look into that. I need to finish writing my stuff.

Quote:And why are those people fixating on your apparent sunken face?
I don't understand them, your face looks perfectly fine to me!

That honestly is beyond me. Maybe because my current face looks drastically different from my previous face that they cannot accept it. Frankly, I don't know the actual reason.

3 weeks ago, my mom's sister came by for a visit and she mentioned that I have a gaunt face. My mom just agreed. Their comments didn't sit well with me but I was able to forget and move on.

Their comments do trigger the idea of putting my face under a surgery knife. I've spoken about it to my closest friends, ex boss and even my mom. But I don't see myself doing it right now or anytime soon because I'm still rational and mentally strong enough to accept my so called sunken face.

If your relatives are like mine, they may be trying to adjust to your thinner face as a result of the impressive changes you've made. My relatives, especially the older ones, equate being a little overweight with health and success. In their heads, if you are thin, you are either poor or sick. I remember being at my cousin's wedding at a time when I was in a cutting program working with a trainer, so about 20-25 pounds leaner than when they had seen me last. My cousin later told me there was a rumour flying around among the older folks that I had AIDS. Gee, thanks guys.

ShiftyNJ Wrote:If your relatives are like mine, they may be trying to adjust to your thinner face as a result of the impressive changes you've made. My relatives, especially the older ones, equate being a little overweight with health and success. In their heads, if you are thin, you are either poor or sick. I remember being at my cousin's wedding at a time when I was in a cutting program working with a trainer, so about 20-25 pounds leaner than when they had seen me last. My cousin later told me there was a rumour flying around among the older folks that I had AIDS. Gee, thanks guys.

My relatives call it "being cute" when I don't eat everything in sight or refuse to eat the food dripping with grease. Jay I'll have to agree with ShiftyNJ, the people around you most still be getting use to the new you because I see nothing wrong with your face Smile
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

ceez Wrote:My relatives call it "being cute" when I don't eat everything in sight or refuse to eat the food dripping with grease. Jay I'll have to agree with ShiftyNJ, the people around you most still be getting use to the new you because I see nothing wrong with your face Smile

Mine dumped whatever was left in the serving bowls on my plate when we were done eating and expected me to finish it, and I still have "a thing" about leaving food on my plate. I'm lucky I'm not 500 pounds.

Well it's possible.

But that doesn't explain my mom. She has been saying such things since 2007 repeatedly through years.

But it could probably because my mom is insecure herself. She think she's unattractive and keeps comparing herself to her older sister. She previously has mentioned that her sister is beautiful unlike her. Plus she also said her sister's skin is much fairer and whiter than hers - My mom is fair and light-skinned.

But that was just my wild guess. I will never know why people like to critic my face and the rest of my physical. But so far, I'm fine. I'm not fully bothered by these people.

I have tried keeping a journal 3 times, each time i got bored with it and deleted them. I wish I would have kept on going as I don't have a very good memory. My last attempt was about 4 years ago but again i got bored and deleted it after a couple of months.

Maybe I will give it another shot since life seems to be getting interesting.