Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diets?
I am 6 ft tall and weigh 11 stone 3 lbs.... any idea for a good easy diet to go on?

I have 32 waist, 38 chest too..forgot to mention! ><

What are you looking to achieve from the diet?

wouldlikemuscle Wrote:What are you looking to achieve from the diet?

Just to lose a little bit of weight. Like maybe a stone?

Umm, this is going to sound weird, but what's a stone? I have never heard of it refering to someone's weight.
I just say i weigh 170 lbs (actually I am closer to 160-165 lbs now, but I usually am at 170).

I have never been on a diet, but what I find helps me lose a few pounds is just getting outside and doing things. Going for walks, jogging, that sort of stuff. I also have a physically demanding job at the moment so I have been losing weight through it (unlike being a student and sitting on my butt translating and writing papers all day).

No worries XRIMO! I stone is 14lbs! I thought you used stone as a measurement of weight across there?

boy_toy_08 Wrote:No worries XRIMO! I stone is 14lbs! I thought you used stone as a measurement of weight across there?

Nope, in Canada we just use lbs. There are probably some people who use stone, but I have not heard of it before (or at least that I remember).
Actually, in the last decade or so, many places that ask for weight want it to be in kilograms, which really throws me off because I don't know the conversion from lbs to kilos.

Its kinda similar with height too, I say I'm 6'1, but when I filled out forms for my driver's license, they wanted my height in centimetres. :confused:

Kinda off topic, but I thought I would toss that tidbit in there.

Cool! I can't believe you've never heard of stone! Eg...I weight 11 stone! 12 x 14 lbs

Okay,okay I know it's pronounced "pounds" but I always pronounce it as "labs" because of that damn abbreviation lbs.Us South Africans use kilograms (kg) to measure weight.

haha sorry dan this is a thread about diets...not metric/imperial measurements!

it's ok i'm only kidding ya mate! any dietry ideas for me?