Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dinner With Ex UPDATED!
As many of you may remember, a few weeks ago I posted this:

[COLOR="Blue"]Hiya Guys!
Ok. I got a call today I really didnt expect. My exlover from almost 11 yrs ago called. We were togeather for right at 5 years and we split with a LOT of hard feelings because he came home with the Clap (he didnt give it to me, I would probably be sitting in prision now if he had). He had cheated (and been caught) a couple of times before and it was the last straw for me; I left him.
He ended up staying with the guy that gave him the veneral disease and their 11th year anniversary would have been July 4th (yes they counted their anniversary from the time they slept with each other - while I was still in the picture).
Well, it turns out that earlier this year the guy had a heart attack and died. My Ex actually said that he called because he needed someone to talk to, but while we spoke he inquired as to wether I was single. He asked me to have dinner with him later this month. I told him that I would have to check my calander (which is true, as I am on the road atm and need to look at my schedural at home before I would be able to confirm anything one way or another).
I feel at a bit of a loss as to wether I should accept his invitation or not. Lots of mixed feelings here.
I was hoping that some of you guys might have some thoughts on the whole thing. I am still sounding it out for myself and any input would be apprectiated.
Thanks in advance,
Beaux [/COLOR]

Well, its time I gave you guys an update and here it is:

My Ex and I met as planned and as it turns out I am very very glad that I decided to meet him. We were able to finally discuss many of the things that we had left unresolved and I think that we both benefited from it.
There were a few things that I had been miss-informed about (for example: the guy that gave him VD was NOT the same guy that he has been with all these years.
We have both changed so so very much from the people we were back then. He apologized for hurting me and I can tell that he is sincere when he says that. I think that our break-up has haunted him as much as it has haunted me (perhaps more). I have agreed to give it another shot with him. I know many of my friends here will be suprised to hear this, I know it suprised me too, but I see a future with him that I didnt expect. Any and all comments are welcome, I know you guys have my best interest at heart and I do want to hear your opinions. If you have any questions plz feel free to ask.
Thx,
Beaux

Hey Beaux! Great to see you!

I am very happy for you and I think forgiveness and understanding are always much better options than revenge and bitterness so I like your decision. Truthfully I suspected this might happen...just a hunch.

I wish you both great happiness. I think taking chances for love is always worth it.

So...CONGRATS DUDE!Clap

Beaux, I am so happy for you, dude! I think it's awesome news!
Bighug

I wish you much happiness!!!

Dude! This is so awesome! Man,Im really glad to hear things worked out this way! Keep us updated and please come on here more often, I loved reading your posts! :]

East, Azulai,SlipKnotRIZZ. Thank You All
It is really incredible to me that after all these years my own thinking can change so much.
We met and all I can say is that it all came rushing back to me. We are taking it slow, reintroducing each other to our respective lives. I am leaving next week to visit him at his home in Charlotte, NC (here in the states) and he has invited me to accompany him to Paris for 2 weeks later this year. We have a great deal to catch up on but we are going to take it slowly and let the pieces fall where they may. Ty ty ty you all for being there for me during this process. I honestly dont know where it will all lead, but that is part of the beauty of it all istnt it? I am so grateful to you, to life and (yes) to God for this opportunity. I love you guys.
Beaux

good luck buddy, I hope you can be happy.

Congrats! I'm still hoping to someday get closure with something, your post gives me a bit of hope but in my case it's really up to the other guy... but perhaps in time. Anyway, back to you... I'm sure there'll be confusion with friends etc, but hopefully people realize that it is possible to change over many years. Good luck.

Hey Beaux.

I'm glad that you decided to catch up with him in the end, and Its great that you were both able to have a mature and honest conversation about what transpired in the past between the pair of you; the payout being a new understanding and perspective of each others circumstances and a mutual appreciation of what happened back then.

There is clearly still a spark there between you guys and I think its great that a rekindling is manifesting between you. I know you are strong person emotionally and you are not someone to be led along the garden path so I know you mean business here with what your'e telling us. Just keep that honesty and openness going between you and be true to yourselves and let whatever else happens happen; remember, life is still an open book of discovery no matter what age we might be, and above all, enjoy Confusedmile:

a big hug to you my friend Bighug