Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you believe in God?
I think it is the right forum to post it. No matter what religion you are, do you believe in God?

I don't because I think that it doesn't exist, it won't help you with your problems, you must solve them by yourself.

Macedonian Wrote:I think it is the right forum to post it ... I don't because I think that it doesn't exist, it won't help you with your problems, you must solve them by yourself.
well you express the major opinion on this forum for sure.

-in your case you believe man kind is god free and a likely truth. With possibly millions of gods through time and thousands of formal religions, each one claims to be the one truth, NOT. How does dont care work out

-everyone has their belief systems for sure; to be respected

I don't believe in god.

I accept that there could be a higher power that none of us are aware of or understand however. That is simply because until science can answer all the questions it would be folly to think otherwise. Whether any religion on earth has it correct? I highly doubt it.....whether there actually has to be a religion for a god to exist? I highly doubt it.

As for helping with peoples problems I disagree with you slightly. I have had many discussions with friends surrounding religion and the effects it has on peoples lives. Those who follow the bible blindly (or anything else for that matter) I feel it does more harm than good. However where individuals seek morals that satisfy they way in which they would like lead their life I believe religion can be good. I

Some of my best friends believe themselves to be very christian, however they don't think everything single thing in the bible is right, however they believe in a lot of each teachings and they use those teachings to shape how they are today. Those are the people I feel can get something from it, and equally who can use it to help solve problems.

But that's just my two cents on it :-)

I don't believe in god. Never have, not sure if I ever will. I'd like to believe because of course I'd like to push my problems aside to someone who's not gonna whine about me being a stupid pig for laying all my problems onto them, but..meh. Can't.

I don't believe in god either. I never really have even when I was forced by my parents to go to sunday services. Honestly, I always found religion to be sort of a crock. When people hear me say that, they like to give me nasty looks and tell me what kind of a bad person I am. I just smile and walk away ending the conversation not giving them the pleasure of their religious tirade.

How can you guys not believe in God? Like seriously, I'm right here ;3

I'm agnostic and don't know. However, I'm pretty sure that even if there are divine entities that our religions are imperfect at best if not outright superstitious dogma.

That said, I might not be alive today had the goddess Freya not visited me when I was 15. And I didn't really believe in any gods then (though no strong disbelief either). 'Course the interesting bit is that I later found out that very likely at that same time my Granny was awakened from sleep believing I was in terrible danger (and she was right) and prayed to Jesus for me, and I wonder if that had anything to do with the vision I had.

There's a lot more I could say about it, but I'm feeling lazy. So I'll just repeat that I'm agnostic, and in retrospect I don't know how "real" or "quasi-real" or "mere figment" Freya was. Luckily, she wanted me to grow up and stand on my own feet anyway rather than depend on her or any other gods for anything, so my lack of faith doesn't count against me as it would in some other religions. Wink

I believe in God 100% but I have no use for organized religion. I also dont' define God which is a hard concept for alot of people to understand...

I like Tao/Buddhist/Wiccan/Pagan/Pantheist/Sirian/Atlantean interpretations of God but mostly I have a very individualistic view of God based on my own personal experience...it just happens to be closest to the ones I mentioned. I think Jesus is cool but you lose me at the immaculate conception...and it is downhill from there. Not to mention Jesus's Fan Club scares the crap out of me.

100% Yes. and she is beautiful.

Macedonian Wrote:I think it is the right forum to post it. No matter what religion you are, do you believe in God?

I don't because I think that it doesn't exist, it won't help you with your problems, you must solve them by yourself.

That is based on the assumption that a "god" must by nature be a personal god that must also function to interfere/intervene in the lives of rather insignificant and short-lived beings.

I believe in "the devine" . . . that Being, all of it, is inherently divine.