Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you believe in God?
I liked this cute scene of kids discussing the Christian god:

Btw, that little boy is played by Josh Hutcherson.

god? what god?

Yes, god is up there watching over us and answering our prayers Smile

Well praise allah for that then.

I don't. But I was told Czechs were the most atheistic nation in the world, so I guess, it's not much of a surprise.
To tell the truth I don't understand how people like you, Bowyn Aerrow, can find soothing the idea that God exists.
I can accept the idea of him having his own plans (when people try to explain why there are wars and injustice etc in the world), but why are they happy to go back to him after their death, when he didn't care for their safety and rights when they were still alive... I just don't get it.

Wars, injustice, and all that is our punishment. God told Eve not to eat from the apple tree in the garden of Eden but Satan convinced Eve to do so. She went against God, an as a result of that God saw it fit to punish us with hatred, war, disease, and all that is bad. We are God's children, and he loves each and everyone of us. But what is love without punishment and consequences for our bad deeds. It's our own doing for the bad in the world, it's our rightful punishment for going against God. I know that's not what the bible says but that's always been my take on it. You can't prove belief, that's why it's called belief.

"To one with faith no explanation is necessary, to one without faith no explanation is possible"

That is a crock. Omnibenevolence doesn't afford god that ability.

Eve eating a fruit....does not warrant 6000 years (biblical years) of "punishment."

Sorry... Didn't mean to offend you or anything. That's just my take on it, it fits and works for me.

SadSilence Wrote:Sorry... Didn't mean to offend you or anything. That's just my take on it, it fits and works for me.

Ahh...no worries. I'm not offended and don't take things personally. You should feel free to speak your mind. Don't apologize for having an opinion. Do be open to examining said beliefs though.

/babbeling

http://www.lordsaveusthemovie.com/home.html

saw this on tv-some man attempting to build bridges between people