Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you believe in gods?
WhatsInAName Wrote:Right ok, so if god made the universe, who made God then? Smile

BTW the Big Bang is no sacred cow ---> http://phys.org/news/2015-02-big-quantum...verse.html

One fine day ...
The universe farted and here we are...

I'd love to believe it goes deeper.

Anocxu Wrote:One fine day ...
The universe farted and here we are...

I'd love to believe it goes deeper.

It probably goes about a trillion years of colon deeper, actually.

Behind every Big Bang, a Bean Burrito

Miles Wrote:It probably goes about a trillion years of colon deeper, actually.

Behind every Big Bang, a Bean Burrito
Lmao..
Well that and and an ageing prostitute...
Lol...

I believe religion and science are an extension of each other..

I believe the big bang and creation are an extension of each other..

I believe we are all struggling to put it together...we'll stumble and most likely fall until we acknowledge ...

it's all pieces of the same giant puzzle.

No, but my views are very similar to Twisttheleaf 's energy.

For me that energy provides an interconnection with all life, as it flows through all life.

Other than that, I'm guided by gentleness of heart, a will to do no harm, compassion, and empathy, NOT myths.

I was once agnostic and didn't really care, and to this day I feel lucky (dare I say blessed? :tongue: ) that I was raised somewhat by parents who had rejected God and a grandmother who had a more enlightened view of God than most fundies in the area as otherwise I think my life would've been even harder.

I had a vision of a goddess (Freya) when I was 15 and for years after I believed in literal gods, though they mostly remained distant to me. But eventually I questioned my experiences (and did some interesting experiments) and am now more ignostic, which means I believe there are mystical forces (not necessarily sentient in of themselves) beyond our (current) comprehension but that they're unknowable, similar to how I'm sure ants can't comprehend our cities or even homes in the least (the ants not able to tell any difference between artificial constructs and a log or pile of rocks) even when crawling through them. I accept the possibility that maybe all the "mystical forces" are ultimately in the head and I don't think it would change me much to believe that fully. How I came to change to that view is a long story (but it's ironic that after I put a ton of thought into it I came to be in a very similar place where I was before I thought about it all!).

That aside, I definitely prefer secular (which isn't necessarily atheistic or even agnostic, mind you) government, the idea of government being guided by a belief in any gods, even the ones I believed in when I believed in them (because they could still believe in them differently, and even if the gods were real doesn't mean they have our best interest at heart or that we properly understand them and their intent), just skeeves me out, because ultimately they act on faith, and how can you reason with faith when faith (as opposed to "knowing") is believing in something that from a rational perspective is nonsense (or at least impossible to truly "know")?

Oh yes, I always believed that whatever the case (even when I literally believed in gods, which weren't necessarily good, by the way) that we were pretty much on our own. But then I think it's that I came to view the adult world as untrustworthy at best by the time I was 5 and the idea of being watched at all times by some parental like god wouldn't comfort me...especially in the worst times of my life which would tick me off (for just watching, especially if I believed such an entity could affect what was happening) or fill me with despair (as I'd see it as being DONE to me BY the said entity, and how can a mere mortal resist such a force?) rather than make me feel better.

I remember reading what a woman had to share (back when I literally believed in gods) as she describe how she was raped and stabbed several times (I think her boyfriend with her had been murdered by the same guy) and as she ran naked and bleeding through the snowy woods at night as the man was trying to catch her to finish her off she kept herself going by telling herself over and over "God won't let me die." But to me the idea that God would allow all that other stuff to happen but NOT allow you to die is TERRIFYING to me! :eek: So obviously I've always had a different psychology from most believers even when I was a believer of sorts myself.

I believe that every religion are true to some degree, in fact, if take a look carefully, most of them shares some kind of similarities in their rules and guidance.

I believe a theory that, human are actually created by another life forms ie aliens (in our perspective) for some reasons. Some suggested that we are actually criminals from that aliens - as suggested by some (many) religions that we are being punished for our inborn sin. The only way to be freed from this reincarnation is to be well-behaved as instructed by the religions - the rules set by the aliens.

I also do believe there are different parties among the aliens, just like how we do, or even different species of the aliens - that's why we have different kind of religions that seems contrast to each other but shares some similarities at the same time.

seeking Wrote:Some suggested that we are actually criminals from that aliens.

[Image: 200_s.gif]

WOW!!! It sure is amazing that in just this tiny group of people who offered an answer that there is such a diverse belief. Multiply that times the world population.

I have always found the belief in God weak in the gay community. All the preaching about how bad we are and going to Hell surely never helped. I attend a church that follows Christian principles along the line of loving one another and leave the rest to God. I believe He knows my heart and intentions. I have no worries about that part.

I did provide my thoughts a couple days ago to the question of who made God by WhatsInAName but it never posted. I guess those who watch over postings didn't care for it although I truly felt there was nothing argumentative or criticizing. And, it was just an opinion since there is no way to know that answer. I can see all the reason in the world all around me every day to support the belief in God. I don't need to have any proof of how He came into existence. I just love what He created including all of you.

FYI I've submitted posts that were never approved as well. Not sure why.

Maybe they use a dart board process and if your post gets hit with a dart, it dies. LOL