Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doctor Who
Is anyone a fan?

Discuss!

I take it you never watched the original series then.

Regeneration happens every few years. Every fan must come to terms with it! Smile

I am attending the 50th celebration in London next month. Can't wait!

i'm really excited about peter capaldi as the doctor
although i think he should play the doctor as his character in "the thick of it"

how awesome would that be ...

I am torn. I prefer Smith to Tennant, but agree that Tennant had much better story lines and companions (Donna Noble rocks!). So it's a toss-up.

I'm disappointed that Eccleston got kind of shafted, but--like meg--am very excited about Capaldi. We need an older Doctor with gravitas, and I think he can really pull it off. I can't wait!

DOCTOR WHO???? I love both David Tennant and Matt Smith. I still have to say though, that the 9th doctor is my favourite. I'm excited for the new doctor(Peter Capaldi). It's kind of cool that he was in Torchwood. It's also kind of cool that we got to see the Doctor's last incarnation on the "Name of the Doctor" episode. John Lock is really good fit that role!

I agree that 9 could have really been amazing. I wonder what went on behind the scenes to piss off Eccleston so much.

Anyway, 'tis no matter. I can't wait to see Capaldi in the role. Remember that he was in a Who episode as well ("Fires of Pompeii").

Don't be afraid to discuss the old series. I am a Pat Troughton fan, and am very excited about the newly discovered lost episodes.

Doctor Who is both my favourite series, and character. I find the show to be inspiring on many levels, although it knows how to take a step back and be funny at the same time. I loved Chris E, and Matt Smith. Unfortunately, I couldn't connect with David Tennant because I felt like he was holding his character back, but then I realised during "Timelord Victorious", that maybe the actual character of the doctor was holding himself in check. Number 10's regeneration is very sad.

I am very much looking forward to the 50th anniversary, and for the resume of the series and Matt's regeneration during Christmas.

i love the mini episode when the tenth doctor meets the fifth doctor

"has the master still got that ridiculous beard ?"
"nah , no beard . well , a wife..."

hahaahahahahhhhh

David Tennant was my favorite by far. I didn't care as much for the fish fingers and custard doctor but I kept watching anyway, still a great show. Looking forward to the next season! Smile

EDIT: Realized I spelled his name wrong, lol