Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does High School Ever End?
for me it did, it's a lot easier to ignore the douche bags after high school. just focus on your goals and do what makes you happy.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

its not high school, it secondry school, cmon now, and it finishes, not to say all people get better, some bullys will go on to find new ways of intimidating, ,whilst the geeks and boffins laugh all the way to the bank

trywait Wrote:well in the office world, high school just reinvents itself.

u'll have ur cliques too

Pretty much this, I remember working in an office and you still had all the typical school based groups. Sad thing is that people lose who they are when they stick to these groups.

David501 Wrote:its not high school, it secondry school, cmon now, and it finishes, not to say all people get better, some bullys will go on to find new ways of intimidating, ,whilst the geeks and boffins laugh all the way to the bank

My old school was a high school which got changed into a secondary school. I've been to areas in the UK where secondary schools are thought of as weird.

At least in adult/work life, you have much more control over who you surround yourself with. Don't like your co-workers or job? You have the ability to get a new one. Don't like your friends? Find new ones. There are a lot more options as an independent adult. Yes, there are still plenty of a-holes out there, but you don't have to associate with them.

It never ends and Bowyn, it does not end when you retire! Believe me, I know. I am retired. (And loving it!). So instead of ending I simply ignore it as being those people you are delighted to ignore!

It ends if you stay away from certain people.....or not give a flying fuck about anyone's opinions. I chose the latter.

Mick

Y ou been places, where you heard its weird, in britain, secondary schools are called secondary school, not high school, just kids call it that now

Yes, it ends. You actually have choices once you're adult. I was working in a place that was very high school-esque not too long, complete with cliques, pettiness, mind-games, bullies, etc. Guess what I did that I couldn't do in high school. I fucking quit.

Some people will stay in high school their entire lives, but that certainly doesn't mean you have to. I didn't start enjoying life at all until after I graduated, even though I believed that I was missing out on the "best years of my life," which I realized later I only believed because that's what my culture convinced me of. However, that fiction is only perpetuated by people who peaked in their teenage years and who spend the rest of their life trying to understand why they're miserable as adults.

Hope that helps!

For some it does, but for many it doesn't. Aging is mandatory, maturity/wisdom is not. And it amazes me how many people retain not only their immature traits but even continue to think (for decades!) that those who don't like the same thing they did while in high school are lame. Rofl

Offhand, I'd say it's different in that I now have more rights (or at least I can slip through the cracks easier), don't have to ask for permission to go to the bathroom, if I don't like where I'm at I can transfer, I have a lot more freedom both socially and legally to dress as I will (and while any fashion will get my shunned by someone, there's a lot more people who won't shun you as would in high school), and no longer have to put up with high school drama & BS (OTOH, when I turned 17 I joined with a group of unschoolers and found the same to be true then as well, and ironically I became more popular with high school kids than I was as a high school kid myself).

OTOH...as Bowling for Soup sings (set to Kim Possible):

Beau Wrote:High school sucked and not in the good way. Work is not much different but at least you get paid for it.

I second that emotion!!