Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does he just not like me?
I met my current "boyfriend" on campus just a bit before Christmas over Grindr. Things have gone okay, but I'm still a bit unsure about his feelings/intensions

A few weeks into the relationship, while drunk, he sent "Love you" to me, I felt the same, and said I love you as well. The next day he said sorry, he didn't mean to send that to me, and he doesn't want to screw things up. Over winter break, I spent a few days with him which involved cuddling and eventually lots of kissing, but nothing more.

Here are some of the problems I've had:
- He has several group text message chats, none of which I'm allowed to be a part of (I asked).
- He rarely initiates conversation. I am always the one to message him first. I tested this by going a almost an entire day without messaging him, he finally sent me a message at around 11PM.
- Today, my first day back on campus, I haven't seen him at all. I sent him a message asking when I can stop by his room, but he said "maybe later? I'm out right now", never following up. He hasn't responded to any of my messages tonight.
- He still has not said I love you, even after tons of cuddling, kissing, sharing, etc

I'm not sure what to do. I feel more like a burden to him. But this is both our first relationship, so it could be related to that. Is this behavior normal? Sorry if this post is incomprehensible

You are wasting your time trying to understand all his mess.

Just get out of it like right now. There's nothing to understand or discuss.

CollegeAnony Wrote:...I'm not sure what to do. I feel more like a burden to him. ...
What do you want from him? Have you told him what you want? If so, how did he respond to your statement. If not, why not?

I wouldn't call what you are doing a "relationship". Yeah, you're "relating" *sort-of* but that's not exactly "a relationship". You're *dating*. I don't even get the sense you're "going steady" at this point.

Communication is key. That is, speaking your truth and hearing the other guy's truth. I doubt either one of you know how to do that very well.

Bottom line for me is, don't make such a BFD out of this. Let things take their course. You'll still be seeing one another in 6 months or you won't. Re-evaluate then.

Be honest with him in that you don't feel like you're a very high priority in his life and that you feel neglected and taken for granted. Ask him if he'd rather be single.

Thanks guys, I'm going to try talking to him tomorrow when he's out of work.

I think that your 'relationship' has run its course.

Time to move on.....maybe try meeting people without using Grindr?

I hate to say this but in my opinion I think that he has another man or men in his life and he does not want to stick to just one he wants to play the field I guess you could say , I hate to say it but this relationship may have run its course .I am hoping that I am wrong but you should really try to get him to talk to you so you can try and tell him how you feel and find out how he feels . I hope that it all works out for you good luck and please let us know how things go.

I talked to him in person earlier today, long story short it has to do with how he was raised (walling things off/privacy, and trust coming second + hard to get). He agreed that he is willing to change, but it will take a while. I'm going to give him and some time and be there for him, hopefully it works out.

Thanks for all of the advice guys! It helped a lot