Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dungarees
I think it really depends on YOUR attitude!

If you have the attitude to pull whatever off then you can pull it off.

I have always thought dungarees are sexy as all f*ck!

I managed a fashion designer and we made some designs - not really classic/vintage - high end designer type of stuff and they sold well. This was in Japan and very forward fashion wise. YMMV.

Sounds like you are comfortable doing it and once you are in them and out in a club there is no turning back, lol... and I say do it. But again it is all about pulling it off with that attitude!

Not since about 1975.

When my family moved from Europe to the USA. 1800's and through the 1970's, that's all that was worn if you were a man. Of course back then my family were mostly farmers. Farming was hard work and they were very practical and durable, plus you never had to hike up your pants in the field. When the legs wore out, you cut them off and you had shortalls.

That said, Somewhere along the line they fell into fashion with women and out of fashion with the men. Which is why they're not as popular anymore? I have a friend who is a contractor who wears them (carhartt) on the job all the time Wouldn't be without them, has Nails/screws in the pockets and a hammer on his waist at all times.

I have 4 pair myself. 1 long black denim(Tommy Hilfiger), 1 long blue denim(Osh Kosh B'Gosh) and 2 Osh Kosh shortalls 1 being hickory light blue/white (like a railroad engineer)

I dont wear them all the time. Sometimes I get a funny look from some people (mostly for the shortalls), like "Why wear that? He must be gay?" Truth be said, I don't care what they think. If they are for women, what's the zipper fly for?

Fjp999- I think they're sexy too, and definitely comfortable.

I've seen alot of peeps wear em where I am up North, if you can roll em, rock em. Post us a pic Big GrinDDDD

Sport77 Wrote:If they are for women, what's the zipper fly for?

what ?

pretty much all women's pants / shorts / jeans / etc will have a zipper fly ... except for leggings , tights , tracksuits and some skirts 0__O

Welcome to GS Saint Big Grin I work in clubs, I've seen many guys wear them here in the UK and in the US. I agree with SolemnBoy, they are totally adorable.

This is true. Some dungarees, or overalls don't have a zipper, some do. Being a man, I'd never wear a pair without one. I personally had a friend give me some flack about what I was wearing once, till I showed him the zipper.

In any case. Wear what you want.

Around here we call them coveralls and a lot of guys wear them. I guess they don't bind certain places when guys ride horses or sit and drive a truck or tractor all day like jeans do but most of the me I see in them ore too old, too fat or still teenagers.

Kat Wrote:Around here we call them coveralls and a lot of guys wear them. I guess they don't bind certain places when guys ride horses or sit and drive a truck or tractor all day like jeans do but most of the me I see in them ore too old, too fat or still teenagers.

I've seen people like that wear them lol, but not exclusively. Styles come back in fashion all the time too I guess they've been creeping in coz I've been seeing them about more recently.

Cool. Glad the view on here has been generally positive. I didn't wear them in the end as I lost my courage!
Might try at the weekend though as I should be off out again.