Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Earth Hour 2009
CardShark Wrote:Thank fuck its not just me that thinks that!

But we wont die, we're like cockroaches.

Even so I don't want to die and I don't want other to die, but I still consider humans to dominate the planet in the wrong way, we're destroying habitats, what gives us the right to destroy homes for our homes what makes us any better than animals?

Mike and I have discussed this at length.......

We truly believe that man will be wiped out, probably by disease. I think it's something to do with the way we are actually destroying the eco system that will trigger something off that we wont be able to control.......

I can't remember exactly how he put it, Mike is far more intelligent than I and has been noted for it, so I kinda agree with him and his arguments that he puts across.

What a happy thread this is lol

Confusedmile:

CardShark Wrote:Even so I don't want to die and I don't want other to die, but I still consider humans to dominate the planet in the wrong way, we're destroying habitats, what gives us the right to destroy homes for our homes what makes us any better than animals?

Reason. (That's the faculty Reason as a suggested answer not asking you to justify your statement).

Star Twister Wrote:We truly believe that man will be wiped out, probably by disease. I think it's something to do with the way we are actually destroying the eco system that will trigger something off that we wont be able to control.......

Humans have proven themselves very adaptable. Relatively primitive societies have survived on every continent except Antarctica, and survived the somewhat marked climate change event commonly known as the last Ice Age. We might well trigger something off that we won't be able able to control, many may die, civilisation might collapse but I would be astonished if we became extinct (I would also be dead in that eventWink).
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.