Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eating Lemons
I can't imagine eating a lemon or a lime wedge......sooooo tart.

I will say when I'm out to eat with friends and I get a diet coke, I prefer to have a lime wedge.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

I love lemons. Sometimes I eat them just them just the way they are, sometimes I add salt.

I guess this is more common than I had thought... never would have known, this will take some adjustment lol

I LOVE raw lemons! Especially salted! Idk why, but ever since I was 5 or 6, I have loved eating them. Smile

Iceblink Wrote:...One thing about lemon wedges, the ones you get in a restaurant with iced tea or water, do not drop those into the tea or water. Squeeze the juice and put it off to the side. The lemons have often not been washed and the skin has been handled by a lot of people from being picked, packaged, and then cut up at the restaurant and then by whoever puts on the rim of your glass. They're dirty by the time they reach you.
Listen to the man! I've been a waiter in a very upscale (read: snobby) restaurant: Don't eat the garnishes, on your plate or otherwise. They're there to make stuff look pretty, but you'd cringe if you knew where they'd been. Especially if you've completely pissed off your waiter. Waitress. I meant to say waitress. *shit*

Virge Wrote:Oh you guys are so out of the loop.... If you get a baby around me I'm going to give him or her a first taste of lemon. It's always a total shock for a baby but after that they LOVE lemon..."
So true, and so funny. Caution: Wait until they're on soft foods, preferably not right after dinner. Unless you like spit up.

I lurve lemons. Lemon Drops and a wedge of lemon are fab!

well i have, but i always slice it up and dip it in sugar so that it's all covered up in it. that way, yeah, i kinda like it. i wouldn't eat it without sugar though.

Thanks Virge,

I often wonder how to serve child(ren), I always ask stuffing or mashed potatoes - clearly the answer is with lemon - perhaps a nice lemon glaze?

As a kid, I used to really go for kumquats with the combination of sour and sweet. Guess the candy bar and Pepsi movement has rejected them because I don't see them in stores.
I bid NO Trump!

Bowyn, your post is a bit confusing. Are you talking about serving children, as in roasted with the stuffing on the side and a lemon garnish, or serving stuffing with lemon glaze TO children?
I bid NO Trump!

Lemon ^^ I love lemons... they are also very good for antioxidants... but only when it's plain lemon, no added things, except for lemon in water X3