Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Europe feels UNSAFE
http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/7724...-elections

Yes, unbelievable, is it, that we'be managed to keep Europe fairly war free (not to forget the Yougoslavian conflicts) for 70 years? Are we about to lose that peace?

You tell me. I don't fully understand the nuances of European politics. I suppose there's always the threat of a hostile force looking to attain financial and geopolitical dominance at the expense of Europe? Russia is specifically named in the article.

Seems to me that between changing attitudes, election worries, and daily mixed signals from Washington, European leaders are just looking for the best ways to adapt to changing times.

BTW: The only time the actual word "UNSAFE" came up in this article was here:
Quote:The Finnish president said: “I’m sure that individuals, families around Europe, feel a bit unsafe...."

And according to Ancestry dot com I am at least part Finnish, so I took a special interest. My peops.

is any country in any region that shares a border with one or more other countries stable?

I do a lot of family history research too and I have many ancestors that for and various wars back as far as the 1600's, mostly in Europe, so I would guess any peace in Europe is limited.

deephiance Wrote:is any country in any region that shares a border with one or more other countries stable?

When they're like-minded, yes. Curses everything else? There is such a thing as diplomacy.

i live in the netherlands but i dont like europe. we even have the EURO stars on our license plates, i hate them so much that i covered it with a dutch flag sticker, i got pulled over and got a fine for it lol, because those stars were not visible LOL

JustAperson Wrote:i live in the netherlands but i dont like europe. we even have the EURO stars on our license plates, i hate them so much that i covered it with a dutch flag sticker, i got pulled over and got a fine for it lol, because those stars were not visible LOL

It seems silly to fine a person for covering stars but maybe your number plate was also partly obliterated? How much was the fine?

deephiance Wrote:is any country in any region that shares a border with one or more other countries stable?

I do a lot of family history research too and I have many ancestors that for and various wars back as far as the 1600's, mostly in Europe, so I would guess any peace in Europe is limited.

If we all realised that we all come from the very same stock, maybe we would stop all these wars, but I don't think your ancestry has much sway beyond a generation or two. For all I know some of my genes are Norse, for all I know some of my genes may be Greek, or Arabic. I know I am a 'mongrel' and that's who I am.

I think we need a more united Europe... I'm a pro-EU but they are not dealing well with... almost everything. (But hey, if the "capital" of EU, the dirty, messy and unorganized Bruxelles refletcs the whole system...)

princealbertofb Wrote:It seems silly to fine a person for covering stars but maybe your number plate was also partly obliterated? How much was the fine?

no my license plate was not partly obliterated

the fine was 147 euros - 156 dollar. but fines in the netherlands are very expensive

in the netherlands ; if you dont let a passenger cross the street when he wants to get into the tram or bus and the police sees that its a fine of 370 euro- 394 dollar! crazy lol