Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Euthanasia
Australia Wrote:Keeping people alive after mother nature has passed them the death card is both a miserable experience for those that are dying and for those that love them. I'm young, but already I've had to watch many die, from sickness and old age. Having to visit them once a week for a year while they slowly start the process of dying while still breathing is a horrible experience. I find it hard to remember them how I knew them when they were happy and alive. Instead when I think of them all I can see is their long protracted deaths. So I dont think about them no more.

If someone is going to pass away, and its going to be a long painful death, I think it should be just like the dogs, put them to sleep.
What if the person doesn't want to choose a quick death, but rather wants to struggle to live as long as they can?

Well you cant force them to die, because thats murder. But you can refuse them treatment that doesnt cure sickness but merely prolongs their death. I think they should be offered drugs to deal with the pain and thats it.

Australia Wrote:Well you cant force them to die, because thats murder. But you can refuse them treatment that doesnt cure sickness but merely prolongs their death. I think they should be offered drugs to deal with the pain and thats it.

It doesn't prolong their death but their lives and postpones their death...

Australia Wrote:Well you cant force them to die, because thats murder. But you can refuse them treatment that doesnt cure sickness but merely prolongs their death. I think they should be offered drugs to deal with the pain and thats it.
Would you still feel that way if you had terminal cancer and were refused treatment that would have allowed you several more years to live?

I'm with Ralwatt on that one Australia, a person has as much of a right to live as to die.

If they aren't ready to die, whether it be a 20-year-old cancer patient or an 80-year-old with multiple terminal illnesses, unless the person chooses to end their life, than it's de facto murder to deny them even life-prolonging treatment.

There's a difference between having a right to die and being deprived of the right to have your life prolonged.

I understand it's entirely your views, but I'm wondering whether you'd feel the same if, as Ralwatt said, you were to be in the position of someone with only life-prolonging options left.

Ky xx

Woolfe Wrote:I'm with Ralwatt on that one Australia, a person has as much of a right to live as to die.

If they aren't ready to die, whether it be a 20-year-old cancer patient or an 80-year-old with multiple terminal illnesses, unless the person chooses to end their life, than it's de facto murder to deny them even life-prolonging treatment.

There's a difference between having a right to die and being deprived of the right to have your life prolonged.

I understand it's entirely your views, but I'm wondering whether you'd feel the same if, as Ralwatt said, you were to be in the position of someone with only life-prolonging options left.

Ky xx
Ultimately all any kind of medical treatment does is prolong life, and while the life prolonged could be a miserable one, it could also be a very happy one, even if it's led under very hard circumstances.

Ralwatt Wrote:Ultimately all any kind of medical treatment does is prolong life, and while the life prolonged could be a miserable one, it could also be a very happy one, even if it's led under very hard circumstances.

Agreed on that too, but that's not to say that euthanasia shouldn't be an option, it just shouldn't be in any way enforced, evenby proxy, which was the point I was making against Australia's argument.

=)

Ky xx

Woolfe Wrote:Agreed on that too, but that's not to say that euthanasia shouldn't be an option, it just shouldn't be in any way enforced, evenby proxy, which was the point I was making against Australia's argument.

=)

Ky xx
Yes indeed. Yay for agreeing! ^^

Yass :tongue:

Anyways, out of curiosity, is anyone actually against Euthanasia on here?

Not euthanasia on here, that could provoke exceptions to anyone's general views. Wink (Tis only a jest! :tongueSmile

I mean is anyone on here opposed to it?

Ky xx

I can rant for the hell of it.

I don't believe in euthinasia (well for now i dont Evil_lol ).
Your offering to kill people that
1. don't have a decision in it, ie the people that cannot communicate.
2. suffering from manic depression just because of the dumbass society built.
3. are putting a burden on society, this can be anything from obesed people to what ever...

Only problem is that it's not easy to watch these people and pull a judgement on the to see if they should be killed. No one wants the burden of saying no you can't kill yourself and yes you can kill yourself (actually if the pay is good I might apply Firedevil )

Anyone watch Horizon, thats a example of how hard it is to find problems in peoples lives.