Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ex-Gay
WheresTheLove Wrote:Both. And I want to be respected and make new friends easily and get a job.

Ah, then it all makes perfect sense now. Lie, hide, pretend to be something that you never will be, fake it, pretend, act, repress and supress will all make it easier to find REAL friends, gain the most respect afforded to you and get you that dream job Wink

dfiant Wrote:Ah, then it all makes perfect sense now. Lie, hide, pretend to be something that you never will be, fake it, pretend, act, repress and supress will all make it easier to find REAL friends, gain the most respect afforded to you and get you that dream job Wink

Right.
Im a firm believer that the only way that gay people in general will be seen as a whole as equal to straight people is not to hide our sexuality or who we are in social and professional areas trying to fit into a straight world, but to not be ashamed and not hide, to come out and be proud of who you are. If all the people in this world who were gay were open about it, it would show the larger society the truth that gays really arent all the stereotype that you see in the media or can only fill certain roles in society. But that gay men and women have powerful and diverse influence in all aspects of society.

WheresTheLove Wrote:Both. And I want to be respected and make new friends easily and get a job.

My boss knows I'm gay and doesn't give a rat's patoot. I believe most states have anti-discrimination laws to protect against what you falsely believe is an impediment to employment (although a national trans-inclusive ENDA still needs to be passed on the federal level).

And I've never, EVER had someone reject me as a friend because I was gay. Ever. Never ever. Especially in the 18-40 age group. Never lost any from when I came out to now. People who haven't seen me in a while tell me I'm much calmer and personable than before. That's the power of self-acknowledgement and love in general. Don't hide from it, embrace it.

monk Wrote:"Never try to take your place in society. Stay exactly where you are and let society form itself around you" - Quentin Crisp.

Haha made my day!!!

TomStatic Wrote:your thinking way to much
just enjoy life
float your way through
melow down man Smile

Finally a chill person!!! And i tought i am the one thinking like this over here Wavey

You say it as if making friends as a gay man is difficult! Lol! Gay men make friends so much easier than the straight! The recipe is A little bit of flaunt, A sexy walk, and lastly, SOME ACTUAL PRIDE. You'd be surprised what it actually does. We get respect the way anyone else in the world gets it. Being strong! And what your doing. That's not strong. That's not respectable at all. I find it a tad offensive in fact.

ManicLewis21 Wrote:You say it as if making friends as a gay man is difficult! Lol! Gay men make friends so much easier than the straight! The recipe is A little bit of flaunt, A sexy walk, and lastly, SOME ACTUAL PRIDE. You'd be surprised what it actually does. We get respect the way anyone else in the world gets it. Being strong! And what your doing. That's not strong. That's not respectable at all. I find it a tad offensive in fact.
Nah, not true. Even when I did have confidence in myself, people ALWAYS hated me. I dunno, something about me just repels people. I was always terrible and making and keeping friends.

What were your parents like? Did they give you confidence or did they undermine it? Were they mentally, emotionally or physically abusive?

WheresTheLove Wrote:Nah, not true. Even when I did have confidence in myself, people ALWAYS hated me. I dunno, something about me just repels people. I was always terrible and making and keeping friends.

Don't think that has anything to do with your sexuality. Have you assessed any of your behaviours instead???

If people don't like you then there is only one common denominator now isn't there?

And I am 100% sure it is not your sexuality since a clear majority of gay men have a positive experience in society.

I think your problems stem from your attitude, and queit frankly you have dismissed everyone in this discussion as wrong and you 100% right.

You have a bad attitude so of course you are going to have bad experiences and not be liked.

Is it worth to loose your self for artificial friends who doesn't really care about the REAL you and perhaps maybe stab you in the back if they knew?

To be honest, I ratter be alone and totally isolated then having billions of "Facebook friends" (A term I like to use, People who you recognize as friends but you're not that close to).
Sometimes you need a bit of chaos in your life to be able to shrug off pitiful disdain about something meaningless.