Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Facebook?
I haven't been on facebook since July 2016, I left as I was pissed off with people I don't know mouthing off at me and to one point a stalker tried to messed my life up spreading lies about me. Im not happy to talk about it.

But I'm missing talking to old friends and uni friends and some of the groups I was with were quite fun. I just not sure I want the hessel.

There's a lot to hate about FB, IMO. I never use it. Most of what gets posted I don't care about and I don't care to share every fucking thing I do with so-called friends, either. But what I hated most about it is/was they kept changing how your do things... annoying as fuck. Plus I just think it is an ugly and awkward platform.

I don't pay so much attiention to people on Facebook, most people come off quite self absorbed... I look at it a lot but seldom post or get involved with comments.

It is simple, people who annoy me I unfriend... People who are abusive to me or are up to no good get blocked. I have a pretty good list of people I block. The trick is to not feel bad about cutting people out of your life, especially when they are bad for you. Facebook can be a good thing if you use it right, stick to your guns and whatnot...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

MikeW Wrote:There's a lot to hate about FB, IMO. I never use it. Most of what gets posted I don't care about and I don't care to share every fucking thing I do with so-called friends, either. But what I hated most about it is/was they kept changing how your do things... annoying as fuck. Plus I just think it is an ugly and awkward platform.

I agree with you Mike. I don't belong because I prefer not to follow the sheep. This is another reason:

[Image: t1-759569-phones.jpg]
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Hmm well I do agree that most people just do the same ol crap on FB...not me though lol. I talk a lot of geek stuff and occasionally talk about things that interest me. I'm not into the whole selfie, post everything you do like "I just went doodie! #takingapoop #onthepot " I just never seen the point of twitter either...Personally I think Twitter is a way to be a pretentious twit. Never have I seen so many self promoting turds. Look im'a somebody!

To me that's not what social media is about, it is supposed to be a way of socializing and medium for expression, not to see how many fucking hashtags you can put in a post. Do something with meaning, now we have memes to represent our thoughts and opinions on things we often don't know crap about. Memes should be used for humor, there's never too many cat memes either...

Of course the minute you post something thoughtful, whether it is about politics, or some issue some poindexter has to try to nullify your point of view, your position... Happens here occasionally too, people get really ramped up if someone has an opposite view on something, especially politics, it's terrible what you see posted on facebook, over a fucking meme too.

To make matters worse like [MENTION=18789]artyboy[/MENTION] mentioned is stalking. Fucking hell, kind of scary to be honest, you could be stalked and not know it. Never know if it some secret crush or someone with malicious intent. You really can't trust people either, then I hear that some employers demand to look at your Facebook profile, hand over your password so they can judge your character...talk about an invasion of privacy. Me, personally I would never work for employer who demands access to my facebook or anything else I deem private. Frankly, if I didn't have any "real" friends on Facebook I probably wouldn't bother. I'd stick to blogging, which I haven't done in a while. Just haven't had the creative juices lately. It is easy to get exhausted with expressing yourself publically, got to watch what you say..might offend someone.

Anyway, my thing is Facebook isn't supposed to be about getting 1,000 "friends" to follow you... Or to put 100's of selfies, post a bunch on nonsensical memes or to play farmville, but that's what the majority of it is. They do at least give you the tools to control what people see and ultimately it is up to you to not add every Tom, Dick and Harry to your Facebook.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

[MENTION=23180]axle2152[/MENTION]

The stalker basicly search everything Ive ever done public on the internet and on local and national TV news etc (I'm a disabilities campaigner) and they twisted what Ive done and started BSing about me on FB on about five groups I was on. I was luckly I knew the group admins and blocked everything this person posted, bur I guess some people arent that lucky and it could cost them their jobs and even freedom.

Yeah that is unfortunate, but that's in itself is a crime, defamation of character....not sure what laws are on the books in the UK about that but doing that sort of thing here can get someone in a lot of trouble.
Check out my stuff!

axle2152 Wrote:Yeah that is unfortunate, but that's in itself is a crime, defamation of character....not sure what laws are on the books in the UK about that but doing that sort of thing here can get someone in a lot of trouble.

I quoted the UK laws to this stalker and he just said he was hacked, I blocked him, but the whole thing put a bad taste in my mouth after that.

I deleted my Facebook account around 2 1/2 years ago and it was one of the best decisions I've made. Its a huge mess off personalities trying to get one up on everyone else and making their lives look better then they are.

CorsacReborn Wrote:I deleted my Facebook account around 2 1/2 years ago and it was one of the best decisions I've made. Its a huge mess off personalities trying to get one up on everyone else and making their lives look better then they are.

Yep there's a good bit of that and...Twitter and Instagram are way worse for that...
Check out my stuff!