Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Facebook jealousies...OH DEAR
Ok so this is a bit embarrassing but I've been dating this guy for a good while now and have been struck by a couple of things: firstly, I'm clearly not used to people keeping in touch with most of their exes and secondly, it riles me when the ex posts a random comment on my bf's wall.I mean,whenever exes of mine have wanted to say happy birthday, they've had the class to send it in a message so as not to cause any trouble and those were lengthy relationships. This guy dated my bf for two months a couple of years ago. Am I being irrational?Would appreciate some of your input as I am not liking this newly-discovered side to me and need to see if it's a reasonable emotion to be feeling.Should I say something?
Thanks guys,

Tilia

same here, i don't believe in ex'es being friends afterwards, it's just not right. ridiculous to say the least. i believe what you're going thru is perfectly normal. better tell your bf to let that ex go. as in totally shut himself away from him. that includes social networking sites.

and besides, you gotta be true to yourself. i don't expect you to go like "oh honey, look! your ex just commented on your fb wall, saying i miss you and all that..ahh...isn't he sweet? he still thinks of you. that's so refreshing"...... that'd be so pathetic, right?

unless your planning on having threesomes i'd tell him to tell that ex of his to go take a hike, INTO A FIRE.

too harsh? GOOD lol. i don't believe in exes. they are like the crumbs left over after you eat a sandwich. Good for nothing- unsatisfactory- and lack significance. THROW EM AWAY.

that's normal...everyone gets jealous

You said your exes send you message to avoid troubles, so i think actually u accept contacts between exes is it? Maybe it's just a matter of if u can see the ex's comments or not.

Even though ur BF accepts to throw the ex(es)(??) away... they can just keep contact secretly and you feel everything is fine.

I suggest u let ur BF know how u feel about the comments of his ex(es), but don't force him to forbid their behavior as it may give him pressure.

Exterminate exes

I would say that unless your bf is showing something towards the ex guy, it's okay and there is nothing to be worried about or jealous of. The guy's just pathetic and the best you can do it laugh at him with your bf. :]

I wouldn't read too much into it. Your bf is with you now and has been for a while, and the ex could just be playing silly mind games to annoy you if he knew you'd see the post.
Has your bf said anything about it to you?
If its bothering you then you should talk to him about it and let him know how you feel.

Its not uncommon for ex's to remain friends, just depends on how the relationship ended; like you say, you've received messages from an ex too so its no different, just the method in which the message was delivered.
Could be something to it, could also be nothing, just have a chat with him about it Confusedmile:

wow you guys are harsh. I'm still friends with most of my exs, because we didn't break up sour. I don't believe in violence or heavy arguing in a relationship, and I'm damn good at avoiding all that drama. So I don't understand the hate people get towards each other, sounds to me like you never went into the relationship with the right intentions to begin with.

Anyway, it's just your ex posting a comment, big deal. That's why you added him on Facebook. If you don't want to hear from him, there's an X button for certain X friends...

I'm in a very similar situation. We've been dating for a year and a half, almost two years. He loves me unconditionally but he does still have contact with a few of his exes, the ones that had little to no drama when they ended. You know from experience that if you're in a relationship, you're not only boyfriends but you're FRIENDS as well. You might need to accept the fact that he is just FRIENDS with his exes and you are the one he loves. If you haven't already, this situation definitely deserves a nice, long talk about it with him though. Don't hold back feelings. Even if they're feelings of jealousy. A relationship that is open in regards to your feelings is one that is bound to be much more successful.

I'd actually be more bothered by a card in person than a facebook posts. It's so easy for people to have so many friends on facebook, see the reminder on the side "so and so's birthday", and be like, "Oh yeah, post to his wall." Of course, it may depend on what the message actually said, if he was posting all the time, etc. I think your feelings are normal, but I would try to not make a big deal out of it unless it starts to seem like more than just a random comment here or there.