Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Facebook jealousies...OH DEAR
(((Irina)))Bighug...We musnt' feed the trolls. Remybussi

Tilia,

For what it's worth I would suggest trying not to make too much of an issue about the friends the man you are dating keeps. Exerting that amount of effort to control him is only going to bite you eventually.

Best wishes and hope you manage to cope.

tilia Wrote:Ok so this is a bit embarrassing but I've been dating this guy for a good while now and have been struck by a couple of things: firstly, I'm clearly not used to people keeping in touch with most of their exes and secondly, it riles me when the ex posts a random comment on my bf's wall.I mean,whenever exes of mine have wanted to say happy birthday, they've had the class to send it in a message so as not to cause any trouble and those were lengthy relationships. This guy dated my bf for two months a couple of years ago. Am I being irrational?Would appreciate some of your input as I am not liking this newly-discovered side to me and need to see if it's a reasonable emotion to be feeling.Should I say something?
Thanks guys,

Tilia

Hello Tilia,
I feel that you will need to address your own issues... You state that your not used to people keeping in touch with their exe's or is it tradition with you?? Just because his talking to his ex partner doesnt mean his going to leave you however if you get upset over him talking to his ex you could end up pushing him away.. When I met my ex boyfriend I said to him there is one rule and one rule only in this relationship... Your my partner not my possession I dont own you or control you and you dont own or control me.. As long as we are honest about anything that is all that matters..
Me and my ex boyfriend split up over a year ago now after a 5 year relationship and we have gone that one step further and got a mortgage together.. His had relationships since we split and because they didnt like him talking to me he ended it and when i asked why.... He simply told me the one that gives the impression of choosing is the one who i reject... I never made him choose and never would if you start going mad about this it is a sign you cant trust him... Therefore going no where

Hmm so this seems to have de-generated a little bit but I just wanted to clarify that it isn't necessarily messages like "I want you back" being posted(which isn't happening).It's more the constant reminder of past conquests, some fleeting,some relationships,with their little random comments,that bothers me. My bf went down the route if naming these people by name early on in their relationship and so it seems worse to me as I know that whoever it is who is asking something inane,is in fact a past conquest. Another thing is that many of these people (including the one that prompted e to post this)cheated on my bf multiple times and that's how they broke up.Why on earth would you want a constant reminder of that in your life?I just don't get it...

me neither...