Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fact Of The Day
Sherlock Holmes never said "Elementary, my dear Watson".

The average lead pencil will draw a line 35 miles long or write approximately 50,000 English words.

charlie chaplin once came third in a charlie chaplin lookalike contest

wait . no ... i got that wrong ~
apparently he didn't even make the finals . even better hahaha

In days long ago, when men who worked on the railroad visited a brothel, they left their red lamps outside – and there you have the coining of the phrase “red light district."

peanuts are one of the things used to make dynamite

(i'm assuming that's peanuts the food ... not peanuts the comic strip ...)

Swimming was illegal in Australia.
- In 1838 it was declared illegal to swim at public beaches during the day!
This law was enforced until 1902.

The area of Australia that is covered by snow in winter is larger than the area of Switzerland.

Australians consume 60% more coffee than tea.

The abbreviation Xmas for the word Christmas is of Greek origin. Since the word for Christ in the Greek language is Xristos, which starts with the letter "X," they started putting the X in place of Christ and came up with the short form for the word Christmas

Beavers become near shut-ins during winter, living off of previously stored food or the deposits of fat in their distinctive tails. They conserve energy by avoiding the cold outdoors, opting instead to remain in dark lodgings inside their pile of wood and mud. As a result these rodents, which normally emerge at sunset and turn in at sunrise, have no light cues to entrain their sleep cycle. The beaver’s biological sense of time shifts, and she develops a “free running circadian rhythm” of 29-hour days.