Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Family
What is important to you when creating a family? Is it important to register the marriage and make or adopt children? How do you fancy a family life?: Liefde:Ylinfant

Well...

for me, personally, I would like to be married within the law. Mostly for legal protection purposes. And I would like to adopt.

So I suppose if my country ever passes same sex marriage legislation, or allows me to adopt, I could.

Otherwise I need to go somewhere else.

Welcome to GS Wavey

I believe that any people who live together and are important each to other, is a family and it doesn't really matter if they're legally married or if they have children.

For me - I wouldn't want to marry and adopt.

thank you very much for the answer, but still, what is most important for you in family relationships? Children need to be strong if your marriage?

I'm not sure what you mean.

But if you mean how important is to have children, I would say for me, yes I would want kids, but if my partner doesn't, It's Ok with me.

I can go either way, depending of how my partner projects our family.

I mean, would you want to raise children with a partner? and what you value guidelines when creating a family?

As someone who has been married before (quite unsuccessfully), my opinion on this has changed. Marriage is a good concept, and it helps form the structure for a strong long-term relationship as far as legal matters go. Marriage should never be where it starts though. What's really important is making sure that initial bond is right, then solidifying that if it is. Otherwise you get in a bad relationship that you can't break out of easily, which also harms any children if you have them.

I'm definitely a bit of a downer on the subject lately, but it doesn't mean that it can't work out. You really can have a classic family life (if governments start allowing for it more), but make sure you aren't fooling yourself into a false fantasy just so you get what you've always wanted sooner.

As for what I want eventually: I do want to be married and I do want kids. I don't mind at all if they are my biological or adopted kids. I just want it to be with the right person, and I am definitely going to be more careful about it this time around. Thank Yoda I didn't have kids the first time around.

Nataly Wrote:I mean, would you want to raise children with a partner? and what you value guidelines when creating a family?

Ah.

Well if my partner agrees to have children, yes I would very much like to raise children.

as guidelines..

for legal purposes I think marriage is suitable. Then again I'm a fairly monogamous person, so I can carry on a marriage with little problem myself. Of course we have to add the work that it takes to make a commom life project, adapt to your partner, make compromises.

As to how to raise the children, I suppose raise them to do what they have to study, work, be responsible.

southbiochem Wrote:Ah.

Well if my partner agrees to have children, yes I would very much like to raise children.

as guidelines..

for legal purposes I think marriage is suitable. Then again I'm a fairly monogamous person, so I can carry on a marriage with little problem myself. Of course we have to add the work that it takes to make a commom life project, adapt to your partner, make compromises.

As to how to raise the children, I suppose raise them to do what they have to study, work, be responsible.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

How do you feel about the ban on same-sex marriages and adoption of children? why do you think so far, not all countries give their full consent?

Makes me sad, obviously.

I am not allowed to marry nor adopt in my country. It will change eventually. But it will take time. The same goes on for the other countries.

Of course it will be much more difficult for some than others

For example I'm quite more concerned about what goes on in Africa and the Middle East, where homosexuality has death penalty!