Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Movie Quotes
[COLOR="Navy"]Thought I'd start a nice, easy, and random topic......What are some of you're favorite movie quotes?

Mine are:
"Oh, Jerry, don't let's ask for the moon. We have the stars."
-Bette Davis in Now, Voyager.

"Its state law, fags play one hour of sports a day and they get beat up." -Timothy, Were the World Mine.

"I'm like cat here, a no-name slob. We belong to nobody, and nobody belongs to us. We don't even belong to each other."
-Audrey Hepburn, Breakfast at Tiffany's.

"Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn."
-Rhett Butler, Gone With The Wind.
[/COLOR]

as god as my wittness i will never go hungry again--Scarlet O'hara gone with the wind

To be or not to be, that is the question. -- Mel Gibson Hamlet

Luke i am your father luke--Darth Vader Star Wars

we fairies that do run from the presence of the sun, we follow darkness like a dream.--Timothy from were the world mine

sorry to skip out last night it was very rude of me :redface:

Ah, no problem, right after you signed off I fell asleep. I needed the sleep but couldn't tear myself away from the computer. Those are some great quotes too. I've been told I love quotes too much, I have notebooks full of them, and notecards with quotes on my walls. I am a self-described quote whore lol.

expression is a funny thing we sometimes find others can express us better than we can. quote games are loads of fun.

Who said "judy, judy, judy"

I think Cary Grant said that, but I'm not sure.

well he was credited for saying that but he actually did not say it.

you know like when people credit sally field for saying "you like me, you really like me" when she really did not say that.

[COLOR="Navy"]Yeah, it's funny how some people become famous for something they never said.

Here's a good quote by one of my favorite authors....
"A true gentleman is one who is never unintentionally rude."
-Oscar Widle[/COLOR]

oscar wilde now there was a true genius =)

i have always been partial to Shakespear, maybe because i am prone to romantic fits, from time to time.

"but soft, what light thru yonder window breaks.
it is the east, and julliet is the sun."
or
"what angel wakes me from my flowery bed, i pray thee gentle mortal sing again"
or
"wheather it is nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune or take up arms against a sea of woes and by opposing thus end them"

i have never read an author who better understood the nature of man.

I love Shakespeare and Romeo and Juliet is one of my favorite plays. Shakespeare was a man that could write a tragedy that didn't leave you broken once it was over, but left you thinking about the soul of men. Hamlet is another good work of his. What I hate is when Hollywood gets a hold of Shakespeare and ruins it, i.e. Hamlet with Mel Gibson (He was way to old to be Hamlet), Romeo + Juliet with Leo DiCaprio, trying to modernize Romeo and Juliet, but keeping the old English failed miserably. Have you seen the Franco Zeffirelli version from '68. It's one of the best adaptations I've seen.

libertylove4 Wrote:... trying to modernize Romeo and Juliet, but keeping the old English failed miserably...
Strange you should pick on a film doing what has been done in the theatre for a very long time. One of the most stunning theatrical productions of Othello I've seen was set in the First World War.