Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feeling Mighty Real!!
This is a study of the life of Sylvester and of how he came to stardom and epitomised the gay lifestyle with his anthem : You Make Me Feel Mighty Real.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07gh4pl#play

Again, excellent programming from BBC Radio Four. Unfortunately, Sylvester too had to go and die from AIDS related health complications.

The glitter and lights of the happy 70s and 80s
. The quality of the picture is not great but the music remains really intoxicatingly real....

... and to think that this is how Michael Jackson used to look, in the days of his beginnings... Haha. Time has passed. [MENTION=18508]East[/MENTION], thinking of you, my friend.

Just to let you slow down a bit into a funky style, Fern Kinney : Together We Are Beautiful

Oh, this is so funny.... Look at this dancing, so seventies (or eighties). Since then, break dancing, street dancing has made everything much more energetic.

There was a whole school of new dancing coming out in those days, cool savvy and in pairs (which made a difference from everyone just jumping about on their own in a disco.

Oh, and a bit of raw male flesh in this rendition of Gloria Estefan's Don't Let This Moment End.... courtesy of whoever made the video...

Two boys feeling naughty?

Slay!
I am the angles that hold and surround you

I am the demon you're afraid to meet

Sylvester was one of the few disco artist to continue to have success after disco.

I remember being in my senior year of high school (1987) when this song was all over dance radio stations, and on the Billboard dance charts.

[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!