Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feeling attracted to only White men racist?
its get a brian, moran..

[Image: GetaBrianMoran.jpg]

Let me axe you something, is that guy white....?

I guess stupid comes in assorted colors now....:tongue:

reference back to the original OP and there has been a lot psted here

maybe my opinions are tooo critical but:
this how damaging racism starts that can drive you and your neighbor to discriminate on employment, mortgages... The real stuff in life that would reduce people's opportunity based on race. You can see how this would amplify and move on to the next generation.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:its get a brian, moran..

He just thinks everyone should have a friend named Brian. Don't judge! :tongue:

Definitely doesn't make you racist.

I'm a white male, and tend to date primarily latin men - but definitely men who are not white. I've had one relationship with a white guy - but we tend to bore me when it comes to dating. There have been another two that lasted several months who were of multiple ethnicities (read: white and latin), but their latin traits shone through.

I've dated a couple of black guys, a couple of asian guys, latin guys from pretty much every country of origin on the planet - and ONE white guy.

It doesn't mean I hate my people, right? I'm just not typically attracted to my what I've always known and what's familiar..

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:its get a brian, moran..

Damn.....

I have a Brian, but his last name isnt Moran!!

Should I go exchange for the other one?
Is Brian Moran brand more special????

It's not homophobic, that's for sure. Tongue

megumidesu Wrote:i think there is a huge difference between saying "i'm not attracted to ****" and "i don't find **** attractive"

for example ... if you say "i'm not attracted to black men" , that's okay . because who you're attracted to isn't something you can control and it's totally okay to not be attracted to anyone at all
but if you say "i don't find black men attractive" ... well ... that sounds so much worse . that pretty much sounds like "all black men are ugly" , which isn't really okay to say ...

so , it isn't racist to not be attracted to black men , but the way you word things is important ... and people are always gonna take things as badly as possible -__-

I really wouldnt call that racist cause like you said you really cant help who or what race you are attracted to. Its a physical qualities trait thing. It speaks nothing to their intellect or personality or anything else about them. I could understand someone feeling that way and saying something like that without it being racist.

Now if someone said, "Im not attracted to black people because they are all lazy, good for nothing leeches who deal drugs and guns and kill good innocent white people!" then yes that would be racist obviously. I think people need to stop looking for the bigotry in people's words and instead try to find the intent and reasons why people feel the way they do instead of taking the words at face value.

I myself am not attracted to dark skinned people(whether they be african american/indian/pacific islander, even white guys that have just tanned WAY too much are included or whatever) Its more about their physical appearance which is not something I could easily get over. If I were single and I met a really dark skinned guy even if he was the nicest/sweetest/perfect guy in the world it would certainly be off putting at least in the beginning for me because its something I know I dont find attractive. I think this is more or less what the OP is trying to say more than attributing their race/skin color to any kind of intellectual or emotional characteristics which would indeed be wrong at least in my book.

As some people say you "eat with your eyes first." Lets say you are invited to a dinner party. They serve you something that looks absolutely horrid. Youre reassured that its the best tasting thing youll ever eat in your entire life yet you are still totally grossed out by the way it looks. You take a bite of it and it is absolutely wonderful but you still cant get over how the dish LOOKS. Now are you being "racist" against that food? Its the same with attraction. Your first initial impression of someone is with your eyes.

What you're sexually wired to gravitate towards isn't voluntary.

Racism is.

So no, it's not racist.

Just because I don't find pasty white skin sexually inductive to my man bits, doesn't make me a racist.

If I were to hold racial resentment towards white men based on preconceived deeply held misconceptions about their character, and that in itself, drove me away from dating them... well that's racism.

KawaiiKitty Wrote:I really wouldnt call that racist cause like you said you really cant help who or what race you are attracted to. Its a physical qualities trait thing. .

i didn't say it was racist , i said it sounds so much worse .
like saying "i'm not attracted to women" is okay . but "i do not think any women are attractive" = bad . because it implies every single woman is ugly .

i'm just pointing out how the wording of something makes the implications worse than they should be

megumidesu Wrote:i didn't say it was racist , i said it sounds so much worse .
like saying "i'm not attracted to women" is okay . but "i do not think any women are attractive" = bad . because it implies every single woman is ugly .

i'm just pointing out how the wording of something makes the implications worse than they should be

oh ok I thought thats what you were implying when you said it sounded worse lol

I guess its just semantics but I really dont think anyone woman is attractive honestly. But I guess that depends on your definition of attractive. Attractive to me means that I would be attracted to them which Im gay so Im not. I guess attraction for me implies some degree of sexual attraction which I dont have for women. I do think women can be very beautiful from like an artistic/aesthetic point of view though.(like I said its probably just semantics - attractive just isn't a word I would use to describe women since it has different implications to me)