Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feminism and hatred towards feminism
Recent events in Sweden where I live have made the topic of feminism more discussed than it's been in years. I couldn't find any links to an article in english but basically what's happened is that three young men charged with rape have gotten away with no punishment. They all knew the victim and were at the same party where they started engaging in consensual sexual activities. One thing lead to another and soon the girl changed her mind and wanted to stop the sexual acts. At this point the men proceeded to insert a wine bottle in her vagina - they stopped once they started noticing the fact that she was bleeding and this "mercy" has caused an assumption that they never intended to harm her and therefore aren't guilty. Oh, and she did resist when they spread her legs, but apparently that was out of "shyness" according to the judge.

Another less extreme but still provocative thing that happened is that an online clothes store was selling a unisex shirt. The male model was shown simply standing in front of the camera while the female model for the same shirt was ridiculously sexualized, showing glimpses of her breasts and in some picture her entire behind without any underwear on. Here's the link. It's in Swedish but the pictures might illustrate my point.

http://enblommigtekopp.blogg.se/2013/may...rel-2.html

This has all made me sort of upset because I never really saw any reason for feminism in this country before. Don't get me wrong, I'm not anti-feminism, I'm merely against the extreme ones that unfortunately get the most attention. I was also certain that sexism was more or less gone in this country and most Swedish feminists have spent their time suggesting increased taxes for men (just for being men) proclaiming that every man has an inner rapist and pointing out how there's only stickMEN and no stickWOMEN in traffic signs. The last part is especially ironic since they assume the figure in the signs is a man based on him not wearing a skirt and having short hair... nice one, you self-proclaimed normbreakers...

Anyhow, obviously I was wrong since our government would give me a heavier punishment for drug possession than they would for raping a girl with a wine bottle. I've discussed this issue with lots of other guys (normal, intelligent, sweet, just average guys) but most of them seem to sort of hesitate when it comes to this topic. "I mean, they were all drunk and she did say she wanted to have sex with them at first...". I've also realized that a surprising number of guys claim to not want a girlfriend who's been with a lot of men before them - a woman like that is probably slutty; a complete whore who hasn't really earned any respect from anyone according to some. Most people agree that dressing in a provocative manner is no rape invitation but when you put alcohol in the picture people seem hesitant to comment - or when it comes to a girl agreeing on sex only to change her mind.

I'm not sure what sort of debate this is supposed to create but in any case I think it's one worth having. Hatred towards feminism is growing and seems to have reached pretty extreme heights. Once again, people fail at differentiating between the bad feminists and the good feminists. Even the good ones face a lot of harrassment, getting called ugly dykes who "need to get laid" or "lose the stick up their ass". A woman calling herself a feminist is bound to get at least one degrading comment about it.

My message is basically finished but just to clarify once more to avoid misunderstandings:

Bad feminist 1: All men are rapists, destroy the patriarchy, it's women's turn to rule now!
Bad feminist 2: I want equality but men who won't pay for my dinner are dicks.

Good feminist: I just want complete gender equality.

Men and woman are different. Were not equal, were just different.
This subject is all muddled, people, are likley to say what appears to be the right thing, rather than saying what they feel. That men are the dominant sex. To be frankly honest, i got no time for it.
It has been said that, through this constant talk of "gender equality" women have lost some of the charm they once held. Women dress less feminine in general. We are equal in worth. but different. Not the same. As to the rape story - who KNOWS the true story. Its neither here nor there.

Geri halliwell said on a talk show the other day, that its pretty much equall now isnt it? (Regarding equallity) - just re-iterating what she said.

partisan Wrote:Men and woman are different. Were not equal, were just different.
This subject is all muddled, people, are likley to say what appears to be the right thing, rather than saying what they feel. That men are the dominant sex. To be frankly honest, i got no time for it.
It has been said that, through this constant talk of "gender equality" women have lost some of the charm they once held. Women dress less feminine in general. We are equal in worth. but different. Not the same. As to the rape story - who KNOWS the true story. Its neither here nor there.

Geri halliwell said on a talk show the other day, that its pretty much equall now isnt it? (Regarding equallity) - just re-iterating what she said.

Except it's not. I mean don't get me wrong, men can be discriminated against too. For example I've never encountered a section for males only at a gym because men are presumed more likely to stare at women than vice versa. If I had a picture of a woman in bikini in my room I'd be presumed to be a pervert whereas a girl having a male equivalent probably wouldn't be a big deal. That's the sort of daily hypocricy I dislike but can live with.

I also remember seeing a music video in which half-naked girls are dancing sensually around a boy aged around 6 or something. Most people seemed to find it sort of funny but if the child was a girl and the adults were men it would probably create moral chaos.

Also I didn't understand whether you meant that men are perceived to be dominant or that they actually are. I can't understand why you seem to think things are equal. If men were dominant it wouldn't be equal and if men are perceived as dominant it's not equal either. Please explain what you meant.

As for the dressing thing, men and women alike should be able to dress or look however they please.

I'm all for equality and such....but sometimes I get annoyed with the whole "men are evil" mentality some of the more fanatical feminists possess.

Example in point: When I hold a door open for a woman, I do so merely as a gesture of simple kindness. I am NOT implying they are weaker or can not do things for themselves. I am NOT trying to perpetuate some notion of Victorian chivalry....I am just trying to be polite....and when some loudmouth gets in my face and starts berating me as a chauvinist pig for holding a door open....I tend to get a little pissed.

Mirage Wrote:I'm all for equality and such....but sometimes I get annoyed with the whole "men are evil" mentality some of the more fanatical feminists possess.

Example in point: When I hold a door open for a woman, I do so merely as a gesture of simple kindness. I am NOT implying they are weaker or can not do things for themselves. I am NOT trying to perpetuate some notion of Victorian chivalry....I am just trying to be polite....and when some loudmouth gets in my face and starts berating me as a chauvinist pig for holding a door open....I tend to get a little pissed.

Of course. I'm the same. All the self-proclaimed feminists in my class have Bella as their rolemodel and expect their boyfriends to pay for their stuff.

People tend to hate on feminists though, rather than that specific kind of feminists.

yes agreed, that does make sense.
I think men and woman our equall in worth.
Ok let me backtrack, not equall in all things, if anyone wants to disagree there dumb.

note - many more men commit suicide than woman.
- woman more open about there problems, whilst men are likley to hold it in, preferably for the rest of there lives.
- men have more ideals, physically stronger and braver.

Of course some of this can be debunked by looking at nature, but were humans.

partisan Wrote:yes agreed, that does make sense.
I think men and woman our equall in worth.
Ok let me backtrack, not equall in all things, if anyone wants to disagree there dumb.

note - many more men commit suicide than woman.
- woman more open about there problems, whilst men are likley to hold it in, preferably for the rest of there lives.
- men have more ideals, physically stronger and braver.

Of course some of this can be debunked by looking at nature, but were humans.

Oh I don't disagree with the fact that men and women are different. That is very generally speaking of course. I'm also sort of willing to admit that, once again GENERALLY, men are physically stronger. As for more ideals and more bravery - I honestly doubt that.

To be honest I think most of the differences exist because of how society is and not because of any gender being biologically inferior.

Did i say men & woman cant dress how like? No, i made a statement.

Of course anybody can do whatever the hell pops in there heads.

Im not interests in equall rights. If it get any more equall, woman are gonna be growing beards and making men pregnant.

partisan Wrote:. If it get any more equall, woman are gonna be growing beards and making men pregnant.

Sorry but what?

How society exists? What about when society first began, and all through history. Society does not appear from thin air. It is the natural product of things.