Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally going back to my first love
No, I am not talking about leaving my husband. Are you fucking nuts? LOL. For many years I have been playing saxophone, singing and writing music and while I work as IT and have degrees in social sciences, I started my life as an illustrator. I used to do portraits on the streets of Montreal and Quebec City (yes, I can do your portrait or caricature in 5 minutes). I sing opera (soft tenor and soprano and sopranino), soul and Gospel (yeah, I know an atheist singing gospel what a shame) but lately I have been feeling down and even though I'm rich, married with my dream boy and have kids, I wasn't satisfied and Alex got the brightest idea. He told me, "Jake you miss the scene, go back to it" and I think he's right. So guys, what's your thought should I go back?

If you have the money and drive, as well as the support of your loved ones, to follow your dream? Then I say go for it. You're a lucky man.

You have a lover, kids, money... Yet your unhappy? That's clearly because your missing out on it! I say go for it, especially if your lover is supporting you, itll give you good motivation Wink

What "scene" are you missing?

What's life for if it's not for enabling our dreams to come true?

MikeW Wrote:What "scene" are you missing?

Well Mike I used to be a Gospel and jazz singer and I used to be on the underground scene in Montreal and Toronto. I'm not well known because I never wanted to be, I refused many contracts and offers because I love to sing for people not for money (I have money already) but I do miss singing in front of crowds and people. So, no, we're not talking about the gay scene LOL I have outed from that scene 10 years ago Smile

Hey Andy! if you see this how about getting a hack for people to record their voice or at least allow wave format to be accepted. I have very good idea of threads lol

Jake Wrote:Well Mike I used to be a Gospel and jazz singer and I used to be on the underground scene in Montreal and Toronto. I'm not well known because I never wanted to be, I refused many contracts and offers because I love to sing for people not for money (I have money already) but I do miss singing in front of crowds and people. So, no, we're not talking about the gay scene LOL I have outed from that scene 10 years ago Smile
I didn't think you meant the gay scene… Was trying to get a feel for what kind of 'scene' you did mean, though. Even the word 'underground' can cover a lot of territory. There are art scenes of various sorts, too. I duno, sounds like something you want to do… and I see no reason why you shouldn't. If I had money I know damn well what I'd be doing! Wink

Go for it follow your dream, you only live once.

Sounds like a cool idea to me. You already have the support and drive to do this, so do it.

Check out the gay scene while your there:biggrin: