For the Japanese speakers on here:
Jason111 Wrote:It says:

"White men are silly"

Lol just kidding.

I'd prefer it if it actually did.
Wise fan.

It's a proverb it seems.

It says : "It was a good thing I was motivated to come out"

If it's next to a dead fish, it might be sardonic humour or maybe a warning to take your time, rather than rush things.

It's tricky tho, as it doesn't really address anyone in particular and doesn't really give a direct message, but you can infer by context what is going on and the Dead Fish just helps.

I've never seen nor heard this phrase before mind you, so it may hold a different significance than what's actually being said.

Gurl -_-

Emiliano Wrote:[Image: 95mcUqJ.jpg]

At least that's how it looks to me.

I'm not complaining though, this fan has been helpful in the depths of hell that is the subway system the past couple days.

Oh that's it?

It's probz a generic message, like a:

"I had a good time, thanks" or "Thank you for your help".

I didn't even read all the posts bitch lol, I just read the words on the pic in the first postSheep

I got the actual translation from a real Japanese. It says: In case of extreme horniness resulting in an erection in public, please use this to fan my balls. The fish simply represents your happy ending.

Perfect, don't you think?

Darius Wrote:I got the actual translation from a real Japanese. It says: In case of extreme horniness resulting in an erection in public, please use this to fan my balls. The fish simply represents your happy ending.

Perfect, don't you think?

Sometimes your "jokes" are a lil crude and dry hun,

Because there wasn't a single word in there to even be misconstrued as "Horny"/Result/Please

Nothing.

So even the casual, non-japanese speaking observer could tell, that that was just bullshit gurl.

I just saying.

Atleast relate the joke back to the Fish or Fan in a more conceivable wayPengy

lol, I just think its kinda crazy how everyone had an almost completely different translation, I guess that shows how difficult Japanese is.

Sylph Wrote:Sometimes your "jokes" are a lil crude and dry hun,

Because there wasn't a single word in there to even be misconstrued as "Horny"/Result/Please

Nothing.

So even the casual, non-japanese speaking observer could tell, that that was just bullshit gurl.

I just saying.

Atleast relate the joke back to the Fish or Fan in a more conceivable wayPengy

You really need to stop taking yourself so seriously.

The koi (which is the fish on your fan and is NOT a dead fish) is thought to be a symbol of luck, prosperity, and good fortune in Japan.

The "motivation to come out is a good thing", combined with giving you the fan and the representation of the koi, seems to indicate that he's very glad he came out (as opposed to staying home, etc) because seeing -you- was considered by him to be a stroke of luck.

Darius Wrote:You really need to stop taking yourself so seriously.

No, you need to stop taking me so seriously lol.

I don't give a fuck really, but for your sake alone, is why I said what I did. It came across rather stale Hun, ya must jest with flourish and flavour.

I like how you guys are assuming he wrote it. It wasn't anything that personal, I think the writing is just printed on it. Or a nice older Japanese gentleman gave it to him first.

But I appreciate all the translation help, including the dirty one. The only things I know how to say in Japanese are dirty things so it's fitting.