Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For the love of weed
If I had my druthers it would be decriminalized, but advertising for it would be very strictly regulated, much like advertising for tobacco and alcohol in the US. And the same for all the meds I see being peddled on TV ("ask your doctor about..."). The power of advertisement can make turkeys want Thanksgiving.

And the reason I'm for *decriminalizing* drugs is because I think it will lead to less drug addiction as well as other problems caused by it. (In short, I want us to follow Portugal's lead.)

Still, I'd rather have full blown legalization even if it led to pot head nation than the current war on drugs while all of us have to worry about the puritans with corncobs up their butts turning kids into felons and with me worrying about my door kicked in and my kids shot by cops with the wrong address on their "no knock warrant" and then it's up to us to pay for our own legal defense when the cops take everything we own so that we can't! Stoners are infinitely preferable to puritans out to make everyone as miserable as themselves in my book.

SlipknotRlZZ Wrote:I think it should be legal up to a certain amount since no actual truly harmful sides have been proven. Personally, I have never smoked week and hope that one day, on my death bed, if I haven't suceeded in anything else in life, I'd at least be able to say that I've never touched weed in my life. In my opinion, weed is extremely overrated and is for losers.

Weed isn't so much for losers as it is for people who wanna get high. Losers get consumed, but some of us are straight A students well on our way to getting our degrees with flying colours. But the occasional high is needed though.

I think the biggest difficulty is the regulation of the effect.

The majority of consumers of alcohol have reactions that are the same, people know their limits and how much they can have for a specific reaction, tolerance for alcohol also doesn't change much (if you have a bottle of wine today you will be just as drunk as you were if you had a bottle of wine 2 months ago)

There is no "standard cone" or unit of measurement with weed, and your tolerance and reaction can change dramatically depending on how often you smoke.

so it would be very difficult to assess peoples competency and state of mind when they have been smoking.

Nasty, smelly, and needs to be legalized like giving babies loaded guns to play with needs to be legalized.

There are enough morons, dimwits, and 'tards running around loose as it is. Dont need them anymore stupid.

Health costs will go UP even MORE. Car accidents will be MORE common than they are now. The safety and cleanliness at restaurants and any food production facility will be leaning towards the hazardous side. You think theres too many stories as it is, with people finding fingers, hair, and dead things in their food now??? Wait till pot is legalized.

You might as well just set off a few nuclear bombs and get it all over with in one fell swoop, rather than drag out the killing over a century.

My sister is and was a pot head. And she used to be a very smart business woman.
Now she's just a dimwit, with the attention span of a 3 year old.
Very, very sad.

Weed is legal here in my state.. but to me it's no big deal. I see no reason it SHOULDN'T be legal.. it's no worse than alcohol.. but it isn't my thing. It does nothing for me.. just makes me lazier and fatter.

I smoke weed and accidentally bought some in front of my mum who is totally against it Smile

It felt good lol.
Also I like good weed and think it should be studied to it's fullest for cancer treatment and other health treatments! It's got some good stuff init!

WHAT DO YOU GET TOUGHT ABOUT WEED AT SCHOOL?

This is what I got taught.
I got taught that it gives you psychosis and extreme paranoia and it was a 'gate way' drug and they never told me it was a magical door into my own mind.
Weed has taught me lots about others and about myself. It taught me about perception and how others perceive me.

Krupt Wrote:Pot and Piss are exactly the same thing as far as I am concerned.

This. I hate when stupid teenagers drink and get wasted. They are just not nice to even look at.

I got my medical marijuana card and there are so many marijuana stores and clinics around it is crazy...really cool shopping in the back room and seeing all of the product. I won't smoke anything so I get cookies and brownies and I actually use if for medicinal purposes..,no interest in recreational use. I would much rather have a piece of brownie than a pill and it works way better anyway when I have alot of pain...

I don't support legalisation of cannabis, because I personally don't see how tipping the status quo in that direction might improve society.

In my opinion, believe that if cannabis is legalised in a purely political way, and media sensationalism about it were allowed to run wild in a similar way to the recent gay marriage bill (To be honest, even though I supported the premise, I think more could probably have been done to put both sides at more ease at its conclusion), it would probably send a message to the younger generation who are more inclined to use and abuse drugs that using cannabis is something that is casual and mundane, which it isn't at this stage.

There is far too little conclusive evidence on the real scientific side of this debate: what are the real effects of cannabis, does it affect the brain, does it affect the lungs, is it really a 'gateway' drug? As soon as one study concludes something, another comes and negates it. Additionally, much research is tainted with political agenda.

I wouldn't want to see my parents, siblings, or my nieces and nephews smoke cannabis, in the same way I wouldn't want to see them smoke tobacco (then we have drinking which is another issue, since it's been so integrated and normalised into our culture despite its dangers.) Assuming the popular argument that Cannabis is like alcohol, would we not develop similar crippling societal problems with Cannabis as we have with Alcohol?

I have to admit there is a social stigma on Cannabis, and I am in no position to judge its righteousness, but I know that it is there and that there is much less of a stigma on alcohol or similar substances. I think that disparity needs to be dealt with, but in a way that neither risks the health of impressionable young people and the potential abuser, nor destroys an accepted cultural norm - drinking alcohol.

In conclusion, what I am saying is: I don't support Cannabis legalisation because I believe the potential risks overwhelm the perceived and debatable ideology.

I don't think the legalisation and hence the inevitable propagation of what is really a drug of which little definite scientific information can be known despite anecdotal evidence, is something that politics is capable of handling. And social conscience-wise, I don't want a drug that clearly will affect the health of society as well as has possible negative medical consequences to be introduced in ready availability into my community.