Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Friend request
LONDONER Wrote:A short while back I received a request via GS, to be a friend although the sender didn't say why. Not wishing to appear unfriendly, I accepted and that's the last I have ever heard. Anyone else had a similar experience?

Count yourself lucky....it was a long, long while before anybody on here wanted to friend me.

I think people want to friend you on here because they appreciate your sense of humor, personality, and/or the way you think. Not necessarily to chat and send PMs.

I have only initiated the Friend Request ritual twice. Everyone else on my list initiated it.

Other than allowing them to view 'hidden from public' albums I have no idea what other kudos my friends get.

There are people on my list who haven't posted in a very long time, and others who requested and never sent a PM. I don't think much of it - negatively or positively.

There was a time when I was pming someone who tried to send me images, and it was needed for us to be on friends lists. Prior to that we had been pming and chatting like long time old friends for about a year before either of us noticed we hadn't done the Friend Request thing.