Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay Myths
Buzzer Wrote:I heard that one a lot, too. It always perplexed me because people would say it even knowing full well that my dad was in the picture, and he and my mom are still married today. (Unlike the huge majority of my friends, including all of my straight friends.)

The first thing my mom did when I came out to her was to run and tell my biological dad thinking I was gay because of their early divorce and the lack of a full time father figure in my life and thinking if he was suddenly thrust back in my life I'd somehow get 'cured'. Ugh. Spider

jaxc Wrote:That it's a "scientific fact"( coming from someone who thinks evolution is a bunch of hogwash, my dad) that gays & lesbians come from either not having a father figure in there life or from being molested as a child, boy I can't wait to prove him wrong on this:biggrin:

When it comes to matters of sex and religion you can always count on religious heterosexuals ALWAYS coming up with explanations that make their dummasses seem high and pious. Ignorant Fumb Duckers is all they are.

I LOVE Glee.
I LOVE Shoes.
I HATE shopping.
I HATE getting my hair styled.
I LOVE dressing up and styling my hair, on my own.
I LOVE dancing, when nobody is watching!
I LOVE singing, when nobody is listening!
I probably can cook, but I've got my husbear doing that. I handle the sweet stuffs! Baking cakes and stuff..
I LISP!
I HATE clubbing.

7/10.

Am I the Queen of Gayspeak or what?

its not on the list as far I can see but my favourites is when people say "you don't look gay" what's that all about because I didn't get the memo on how I should look - I usually reply with , "damit - I was warring a badge too, its must have fallen off - sorry

bilkiba Wrote:This so MUCH.

People (mostly straight folks) tend not to believe that I'm into guys at all because I'm "too boyish" and "obviously a lesbian."

But this reminds me of another one I hate.

People who use us bis as "proof" that you can choose your sexuality. "Oh you're with a man now, so you're straight now." "Oh now you're with a girl so you're gay again." Actually, no, I have been bi the whole time, asshat. -.-

I feel you on this.

Sometimes I want to get angry but then I realize they can't help being ignorant or all-around dumbasses.

GLEE is the devil and I'm not a fan of the "diva" type like Mariah Carey, Beyonce, Madonna etc. (I actually despise them), but I do sing and play music myself, look like a girl, love cooking, am very artistic, and am good at decorating a space.

*brings fresh flowers for the GS table* Wink

Uneunsae Wrote:GLEE is the devil and I'm not a fan of the "diva" type like Mariah Carey, Beyonce, Madonna etc. (I actually despise them), but I do sing and play music myself, look like a girl, love cooking, am very artistic, and am good at decorating a space.

I don't mind if people like them, but if it's ever in the air of believing that caring about such things is somehow part of the gay identity, or that I'm odd as a gay person for utterly not caring about any of those things in the list, I get annoyed. I have had people literally say to my face, more than once, "What do you MEAN you don't like Glee? You're GAY!"

Kill it with fire!

im too butch to be gay and im not flamboyant enough to be camp

Uneunsae Wrote:GLEE is the devil and I'm not a fan of the "diva" type like Mariah Carey, Beyonce, Madonna etc. (I actually despise them), but I do sing and play music myself, look like a girl, love cooking, am very artistic, and am good at decorating a space.

Youre-hot

I am sure that was my outside voice. Smile

I'm all kinds of messed up when it comes to fitting into any stereotypes.