Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay-Pagan
i love your explanations Fenris - very simple to understand for people who like myself do not know too much about been pagan, i took a look at wicca a while back and found that suited my thinking in many things - both are cool in my book though

matty7 Wrote:i love your explanations Fenris - very simple to understand for people who like myself do not know too much about been pagan, i took a look at wicca a while back and found that suited my thinking in many things - both are cool in my book though

Confusedmile: thats the way I´ve learned it ... from 1990 and in 1993 or so I have decided that is a way I can live with this religion and I´m still learning. I think Wicca can be good for people who wants to practise their religion as or in a group and they have some other rules.

merry mabon

for you out there, whatever you are or even not

"[COLOR="Green"][COLOR="Green"]May there be peace in the North;
May there be peace in the South;
May there be peace in the West;
May there be peace in the East.
May there be peace throughout the whole world."[/COLOR][/COLOR]
- Druid Blessing, Order of Bards, Ovates and Druids

"As autumn returns to earth's northern hemisphere,
and day and night are briefly,
but perfectly,
balanced at the equinox,
may we remember anew how fragile life is ----
human life, surely,
but also the lives of all other creatures,
trees and plants,
waters and winds.

May we make wise choices in how and what we harvest,
may earth's weather turn kinder,
may there be enough food for all creatures,
may the diminishing light in our daytime skies
be met by an increasing compassion and tolerance
in our hearts."
- Kathleen Jenks

Religion has always been a stumbling block for me as I grew up a preacher's kid. I believe that I've just about tried it all over the years--Christianity, Wicca, Druidism, Atheism, Agnosticism. And I make it a point to respect everyone's religious beliefs, even though I don't really have any myself.

What few spiritual experiences I've had over the years have not taken place in a church or any other house of worship. Instead, they've taken place in the company of friends and typically under the influence of drugs. When I was in my mid twenties, I loved me some LSD. And there were several nights that I exprienced moments of intense emotional clarity. I also used to attend Druidic Ceremonies locally and learned alot there as well.

My one and only religious rule is that God should not be held hostage in a building or synagogue.

This thread has led me to an interesting observation (or at least I think it's interesting). For some people religion is a way to find the 'truth', for others it is what you do if you believe you have already found the 'truth'.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

*g .. as first... I like to discuss about religions Confusedmile:

normally my opinion is, that religion is a private part of live. But here are so many people with problems in their own religion that it can´t be wrong to show that there are religions where "to be gay" is allowed.
I think as a gay preachers kid the views to any religion are very different and difficult as first... and its very interesting that you have watched in or behind other religions.
Yes .. there is no need to hold a god or goddess in a church, temple or whatever ... as pagan i have my powerplaces... they are only for me ... but I don´t need to run there ...

And yes .. a very important thing is respect if someone met another religion .. other believings... and respect agains atheists etc. too. Everyone has taken his own decision to believe or not ... and it is not my task to criticize this decision .. but discussions are allowed... :-) My man is a atheist, too. ... but we haven´t problems and normally he is more interested as uninterested.

Hi all!

Okay, just joined, thought I'd post here, and to my delight, someone already started a pagan thread. This is awesome, thanks Fenris!

I'm a practicing Wiccan, part of a tradition of Wicca, so I practice with a coven, my High Priestess has taught me well, I'm glad to say. For those of you looking for information on it, look up "Wicca" on Wikipedia. The bulk of information there is fairly accurate, though some of the details are slightly off.

I celebrate the Wheel of the Year, study herbalism and the cycles of nature, practice spells and rituals for love, peace, prosperity, wealth, healing, luck, etc. Honestly, if you can name something someone would want to do, there's a spell for it out there somewhere. Granted, the question after that point is "does the spell work?"

Let me know if this doesn't answer your initial question, Fenris, and I'll try to clarify.

And anybody else who's wondering anything, feel free to ask. I can't guarantee I'll have an answer, but I'll try my best!

wow@___@ I have never known that witchcraft still exist. I thought they are only in Date's Cove. @___@
Are you really a male witch Darius??? It 's so cool@@. Can you teach us some spell that you we can do at home? @____@

Umm, what's Date's Cove? I'm probably not up to speed on pop-culture references, even less so on gay pop-culture.

But just for the record, if the people on that show practice anything resembling what you would find in a fairytale or storybook about witches and sorcerers, or anything related to Buffy or Charmed, you'll probably be highly disappointed.

You should google it or go to filestube for an episode. These eye candy never disappointed me =D I would love to practice anything these hot guys want to practice on me haha Big Grin

[Image: dantescove.jpg]

What I mean is what kind of spell you are talking about? like can you shapeshift or move object by your mind, or blow thing up@@? or summon creature of the night to help you with your laudry@@?