Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay Parties
It just hit me...I have been out of the mainstream now for so many years and I just realized..I never hear anyone mention gay parties anymore....

Do they exist?

I must have been to 200 or more of them when I was younger...usually once a week someone had a huge party where almost everyone was gay...sometimes over a hundred guests....

It was also a GREAT PLACE to meet men...

So...what happened? I hosted a fair amount of them myself over the years...did they disappear?....or does just nobody talk about them anymore?

We went to a lot of these in San Jose while we were living there, but here in Orlando nothing is happening, to my knowledge, or, we're out of the loop.
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.

Oh honey they still exist. You have to be part of a group or know someone that attend them frequently. I think I went to a couple of pool parties for the east bay network, they weren't bad. Also my partner and I hosted some over the summer, but not a large amount.

Bhp91126 Wrote:We went to a lot of these in San Jose while we were living there, but here in Orlando nothing is happening, to my knowledge, or, we're out of the loop.

Hmmm...maybe it is regional then? I would say that 3/4 of mine were in San Jose/Silicon Valley...and the others were in San Francisco or somewhere closeby ....or Santa Cruz or Monterey...but there were ALOT of them!

I loved going to gay parties...

I think they were replaced with Facebook and other various "social" apps.

Humans no longer interact face to face in large groups, nor do they have any frame of reference for hosting etiquette or culinary skills.

edhued Wrote:Oh honey they still exist. You have to be part of a group or know someone that attend them frequently. I think I went to a couple of pool parties for the east bay network, they weren't bad. Also my partner and I hosted some over the summer, but not a large amount.

Ahhh..that is good to hear! I hate to think they have all died out....

Borg69 Wrote:I think they were replaced with Facebook and other various "social" apps.

Humans no longer interact face to face in large groups, nor do they have any frame of reference for hosting etiquette or culinary skills.

Yeah...I was wondering about that.

My culinary skills are passable...not stellar ...BUT... I had enough friends help me with the food and stuff so I never gave it much thought...and some of the parties I went to had great themes and GREAT food...some had dance floors and djs....

I really love talking to people so I was in my element...I am OK with the internet now but if I had my way I enjoy eye contact...and laughing...

East Wrote:Ahhh..that is good to hear! I hate to think they have all died out....

Well they are less now for sure, it's hard to actually have a large amount without having any problems. I know some people who stopped hosting because of some problems (neighbors complaining, people literally having sex on your bed, privacy down the toilet...etc). Now mostly small groups that know each other very well, so they know no one well do something foolish.

edhued Wrote:Well they are less now for sure, it's hard to actually have a large amount without having any problems. I know some people who stopped hosting because of some problems (neighbors complaining, people literally having sex on your bed, privacy down the toilet...etc). Now mostly small groups that know each other very well, so they know no one well do something foolish.

Yeah...have seen all of that go down....but not really too bad. A few parties turned into orgies but it was kinda planned and in my mind anyway...I didn't consider those ones "parties"....they were "orgies"

That reminds me of this one guy who I wanted to go out with real bad and I found out he felt the same at his party and he takes me upstairs to "show me the place" in the middle of the party ....I knew what was happening (YES!!!!!)...and then I find out he had pet tarantulas all over the fucking place...and they all have names. AND...there are skins all over too that they shed ....like decorative souvenir tarantulas just in case you can't find the live ones...EEK!

Well...THAT was a boner killer for me....he was trying to find a few in his bedroom so I could meet them....uh.......uh.......uh......

Gotta go....great party...nice to meet you...we'll talk again soon

East Wrote:Yeah...have seen all of that go down....but not really too bad. A few parties turned into orgies but it was kinda planned and in my mind anyway...I didn't consider those ones "parties"....they were "orgies"

That reminds me of this one guy who I wanted to go out with real bad and I found out he felt the same at his party and he takes me upstairs to "show me the place" in the middle of the party ....I knew what was happening (YES!!!!!)...and then I find out he had pet tarantulas all over the fucking place...and they all have names. AND...there are skins all over too that they shed ....like decorative souvenir tarantulas just in case you can't find the live ones...EEK!

Well...THAT was a boner killer for me....he was trying to find a few in his bedroom so I could meet them....uh.......uh.......uh......

Gotta go....great party...nice to meet you...we'll talk again soon

Hahaha that's gold. I mean EWWWW, that's like not only a boner killer, I dunno how to describe it.

About the orgies that's fine if that idea of the party in the first place. If the idea of a party was to meet new people and network and what not, then whoring around shouldn't be allowed in the house.... Uh wait....Did I just actually used network as a verb, NOW I FEEL OLD!