Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay pride
Couldn't agree more Kyle BUT Confusedmile:

I am an avid supporter of pride events up and down the country and donate my time freely to help support them because the youth of today just don't get it.......

I do think Pride has lost it's way and agree with what Fred says. I just think people need educating now as they have it too good, they think it's just one free piss up and don't donate any money at all.

I nearly slapped one kid when he asked me what the red ribbon was for last year

We have one of the best pride events in the country here in Brighton and it's free to everyone who attends but does cost money to put this huge event on not just for "Gay" people but for everyone and every year I see people walking straight past the buckets without donating.

Personally I think every pride event should hold a 2 minute silence for the people that lost their lives fighting for the equality we have today. and teach the youth of today what pride stands for

[COLOR="Purple"]Agreed Jamie.

I think "kids" dont know how things can slide backwards so easily!

San Francisco has a pretty large parade. I think it takes about two hours of uninterrupted tv time to show all the floats and groups.

One thing they do there to collect monies is with this huge rainbow flag. It must take nearly 30 gogo dancers to bring that thing down the street. It nearly covers the width of the four lane street so people in the audience can throw in money or tuck some into a gogo boys shorts Spin3

The big party after has entrance gates. It is free to get in but they have viscous drag queens pushing for donations. Ya put in a dollar and ya get a sticker... put in a bit more and ya get a gold sticker. Ya hardly see anyone without a sticker.

Dont know if they collect enough money to put on such a huge event either but maybe you can suggest some of those ideas in Brighton.

Best of luck Remybussi [/COLOR]

Star Twister Wrote:... I think every pride event should hold a 2 minute silence for the people that lost their lives fighting for the equality we have today...
Great idea

Respect

fjp999 Wrote:
The big party after has entrance gates. It is free to get in but they have viscous drag queens pushing for donations. Ya put in a dollar and ya get a sticker... put in a bit more and ya get a gold sticker. Ya hardly see anyone without a sticker.

Dont know if they collect enough money to put on such a huge event either but maybe you can suggest some of those ideas in Brighton.

Best of luck Remybussi

We have entrance gates and they do have bucket collectors at the entrance but by law in this country you are not physically aloud to approach anyone and ask for a donation apparently they have to stand there an shake their bucket and wait for people to approach the collectors and put the money in, that's what I have been told anyway.

I like the idea about the huge rainbow flag though Xyxthumbs

We have in access of 250 thousand visitors over the pride weekend last year it generated 5 million pounds for the city. The event is the largest LGBT free park event in Europe.

Yet it fails me that they only make around 20 thousand pounds in the park through bucket collecting if everyone put one pound in the bucket when they are enjoying all their free entertainment, pride would generate around 150 thousand pounds.

Pride costs in access of 300 thousand pounds to stage and each year it doesn't get any cheaper

This is the Star Twister, News at Ten, signing off Tongue3

marshlander Wrote:Great idea

Respect

Thanks Derek

Remybussi

I scare myself sometimes Talker

sounds like next years Brighton pride will have some new and improved events Bighug

Well that was a short debate

Lol2 Lol2 Lol2

Star Twister Wrote:Well that was a short debate

Lol2 Lol2 Lol2

Well, lets see what kyle has to comment on with the new additions (if we havent scared him away with our old world ideas Rofl )

fjp999 Wrote:I guess we can quit having gay pride events when one such as PA doesnt have to worry about keeping his private life undisclosed, as he has the right to, and not have anyone wonder "Is he gay or straight?".

Or maybe better said... when gay pride IS as silly as "caucasian male pride day", when one doesnt have to think "Is my best friend gonna accept me when I come out?", "Am I gonna be bashed as a teen when I tell that handsome jock 'I love you!'", when humans will accept the diversity within our world seeing the beauty of it all instead of HATE. Is so much easier to feel love, and healthier too.

Bighug
You speak words of wisdom... It's less tiring too, methinks, in the long run.

Thank you fjp999 and princealbertofb I could not agree more.