Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay prides?
matty7 Wrote:yeah, i might just do that, bet i could be build up the confidence to go on my own, once im on the train then i'll be ok, just like to go n maybe say hello or even chat to people, i honestly would love to get sat on a wall if its hot with an ice cream n just watch how other gay lads go about chattin with each other,

matty7 Wrote:cheers mate - if people come n talk to me then im not shy for some reason but dont have the nerve to go up to others to talk, even though i could talk a glass eye to sleep when i get goin Smile. i bet i'll enjoy it if i go anyway

[COLOR="Purple"]I would go alone after my partner was kicked out of the country Cry

Since I lived just around the corner from the events I would take my bicycle and rove around the city seeing everything... When the parade ended and all headed to the dance events I would pedal home for a break and freshen up.

The dance event was only two blocks from my house so would walk there and do the people watching thing, join in the crowd to dance a bit and chat...

It is a lot of fun to do things on your own... Dont expect anything and you might be surprised... The icecream on the wall sounds perfect... especially if you wear a kilt Rolleyes [/COLOR]

Genersis [Image: trophy.gif] I'm in the same boat, but would be happy to go with..

Me?Happy

Hmm, I guess I saw this coming.:redface:
I just don't know if i could......Im so shy and unreliable.:confused:

I would really like too aswell, I just......wouldn't want to creep ya out or let ya down.:frown:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

after building myself up to go i didnt make it in the end , got talked into driving for someone who has been there for me in the past, so couldnt really say sorry but no cos i want to go to gay pride in sheff seen as they dont know im gay.

really gutted now that i didnt have the balls to come clean n just say im gay n this is where i want to go - feel like ive missed a really good chance just to be part of the crowd at gaypride instead of been always on the outside,

i am happy that i healped a friend out to be honest though

matty7 Wrote:after building myself up to go i didnt make it in the end , got talked into driving for someone who has been there for me in the past, so couldnt really say sorry but no cos i want to go to gay pride in sheff seen as they dont know im gay.

really gutted now that i didnt have the balls to come clean n just say im gay n this is where i want to go - feel like ive missed a really good chance just to be part of the crowd at gaypride instead of been always on the outside,

i am happy that i healped a friend out to be honest though

You didn't miss much lol!

It was alright, until I turn 18 theres no point of going cuz it's so boring without a drink Xyxthumbs

well, the problem with portugal is that we are a small country. a lovely country, but small (in more than one sense) Sad

from what i know and saw of gayprides in several other countries, some of them are spectacular events. not here.

from what i saw on tv (talkin´about it right now on tv) and this year´s event (the organizers say it was the biggest one) was the same as the other years:

a small parade of transvestites, efeminate men and masculine women in a circus-like atmosphere...:eek:

in a word: everything that confirms the gay stereotype and only hurts the cause they´re defending (gay marriage this year)!

since i don´t identify att all with that stereotype, i didn´t go!

i would like to go to one, but a proper one in australia or the uk or wherever

but i will celebrate the day in my own way: i will go to a very popular gay disco where i can enjoy a party-like atmosphere with a mixed environment. hope i´ll have a great time! Wink

Quote:just thought i would ask, out of all the many many gay pride events this year, who is going to which?
I don't plan on going to any...

* i could never take the risk that someone might see me and word that i was
there would get back to family/neighbors/etc (scary scary thought there)

* it'd be weird (at least to me) to go to any event by myself. Plus i'm
way too shy and wouldn't be comfortable around crowds (what if somone
tried to talk to me :yikesSmile

* the nearest city to me does have a gay community and pridefest (next
weekend)...while it is aparently one top 10 pride's in US the, i don't live in
the city (and avoid city/downtown if i at all can). The place where i live is
not somewhere where you'd want to admit to being bi or gay.

* If i had a 'cloaking device' like ships on star trek maybe i'd go -LOL- that'd
be cool Smile

72jay Wrote:* i could never take the risk that someone might see me and word that i was
there would get back to family/neighbors/etc (scary scary thought there)

Supposing someone who you did know was there and recognised you, what do you think they were doing there in the first place? I suspect that they might know the wisdom of keeping quiet about it.

72jay Wrote:* it'd be weird (at least to me) to go to any event by myself. Plus i'm
way too shy and wouldn't be comfortable around crowds (what if somone
tried to talk to me :yikesSmile

Street events of all sorts are generally friendly things. You can just turn up and wander around, if someone says, "hi", you can just say, "hi" back and wander on. If you don't like it you can just leave.

72jay Wrote: * the nearest city to me does have a gay community and pridefest (next
weekend)...while it is aparently one top 10 pride's in US the, i don't live in
the city (and avoid city/downtown if i at all can). The place where i live is
not somewhere where you'd want to admit to being bi or gay.

Surely the city can't be that bad just for a few hours?
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

fredv3b Wrote:Supposing someone who you did know was there and recognised you, what do you think they were doing there in the first place? I suspect that they might know the wisdom of keeping quiet about it.

I guess you're correct there Smile .. didn't think about it that way (never know
maybe they could become a closer friend).
worse would be the chance that one of the local TV or newspapers could
get me on camera (now that's a turly scary thought, and knowing my bad
luck...)

fredv3b Wrote:Street events of all sorts are generally friendly things. You can just turn up and wander around, if someone says, "hi", you can just say, "hi" back and wander on. If you don't like it you can just leave.

I'll take your word for it on that since been to any (unless a xmas/holiday
parade counts...but even then its been years since i went to one).
If i wasn't so shy and/or had someone to go with, then ....maybe

fredv3b Wrote:Surely the city can't be that bad just for a few hours?

Nope its probably not all that bad ... might even be sorta fun to go

72jay Wrote:... might even be sorta fun to go
That's a result then! Wink

Have fun. Confusedmile: