Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gays are being accused of causing plagues
Fundamentalists just keep getting more idiotic....

What come next?

Are they going to resort to bombings and shootings?

Here's the link

After every catastrophe there will be at least one fanatic blaming the disaster on the gays. Sometimes they get coverage on gay pages, sometimes they don't. I wish they didn't. Nobody takes these things seriously anymore and it distracts from the real dangers glbt folks still face. Not all our enemies are such nutcases.
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.

Since I don't live in the so called "heart land" of America (Berkeley is a bastion of the liberal/progressive/radicalism, AKA 'The People's Republic of Berkeley'), I have no way of knowing how influential these nut jobs really are. Are they just preaching to the choir (other bigots like themselves), and thus not having much impact on the "common man and woman"? Or are they in fact fanning flames that will result in something MORE THAN domestic terrorism against gay people? I mention this latter because I would fully *expect* that kind of behavior from the nut-job right given their perception that giving gay people the same rights they have is tantamount to thumbing one's nose at the All Mighty Thunder God. So, yeah, I won't be the least bit surprised when that happens. But what I'm asking about is something else... the social mood of the nation as a whole... of what are referred to as "centrists"... that's what is important.

Virge Wrote:Fundamentalists just keep getting more idiotic....

What come next?

Are they going to resort to bombings and shootings?

Is there anything that we have not been accused of?
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

I don't think we caused the outbreak of stupidity currently sweeping across the heartland.

I want to comment but I will have to wait until later...I am busy..working on a dark sky of locusts for Mississippi

East Wrote:I want to comment but I will have to wait until later...I am busy..working on a dark sky of locusts for Mississippi
Now you want to feed them???
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.

Squealing fundamentalists = progress Smile

I've been thinking about a career shift. I think I might like to become a cryptometeorologist. I could help predict weather and climate catastrophes, and determine which "affronts to God" are causing each one.

"You up in the upper Midwest - prepare for record heat due to a decline in church attendance. Don't forget to stock up on toads to sacrifice!"

Lex

Jailing pastors? ...and that's a bad thing because...?

Forced gay sex? *...busy making a list of the guys I want to force...* ...again, this is bad because...?

...and...me and my cat both LOVE thunderstorms...