Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting rid of phlegm
Miles Wrote:All good suggestions, let me just add that I've also found spicy foods help with easing the congestion. Drinking milk can help soothe a sore throat, but I've noticed it thickens any phlegm that's in there so that one's iffy.

Spicy foods is definitely a winner for congestion! Mustardy-spicy foods are good too, especially wasabi, although you have to be careful with that one.

dfiant Wrote:Senega and Ammonia cough mix available from any chemist has always worked a treat for me.

You mean hell juice?

It does work but lord the taste :biggrin:.

mucas
get an over the counter Mucus Revief pills with the active ingrediants = guaifenesin about 400mg
take a glass or two of water with the pill(s)

soar throat
try Cpacol lozenge, comes in a few flavors but tends not to taste that big
try anything warm, tea, soup coffee...

sorry for your situation. Get better soon

Rainbowmum Wrote:You mean hell juice?

It does work but lord the taste :biggrin:.

Yeah, everyone says that, but I must one of the few that doesn't mind the taste of it, and at about $3-4 for 500mls of it, it's cheaper than chips.

I watch right wing commentators on Fox and spit on my TV screen. The more I spit, the better I feel. They are now discussing the 2016 election. Fuck you, Obama just won. He ain't a lame duck President before his second inauguration.Blackbat

Not fun at all. Sorry to hear. I always have really good luck with Celestial Seasonings Echinacea Tea. I generally use two bags heated and sip it down with lemon. I typically wake up feeling so much better the next day. Also a product called Emergen C. That works too. If it doesn't clear up soon enough visit a doctor.

Mucinex is usually slow-release, so I just get the guaifenisin pills and take four at a time WITH LOTS OF WATER. Then I hawk that gunk all over the place*.

*Bathroom sink

[Image: benylin-expectorant.jpg]

Always works for me.

Over the counter--

Chloresceptic spray for throat.
Halls honey flavored throat lozenges for during the day.
Salt water spray for nose.
Hot facial steam for lungs.

Home remedies...

Hot tea with honey and lemon for throat.
Fresh jalepeno for nose (scrape the seeds out first). Um, no you dont put it up your nose, you eat it. Preferrabley with lunch and dnner.
One large tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar in a cup of cold water every night before dinner for a week.
Chew on fresh mint to help clear sinuses.
Hot Southern Toddie before bed (one cup very warm/hot whiskey, one tablespoon of sugar stirred in, and two tablespoons of fresh squeezed lemon or lime juice)
Eucaliptus or mint oil in bath water or shower (for breathing in the steam) or steam facial.

My granny used to rub Vicks VaporRub on my chest when I had lung issues.
Burned like hell, but sure helped me breathe without having to down a lot of pills.
Just wear a thick Tshirt after you rub it on, it can get stains on sheets.

drinking hot caffiene usually does it for me....hot Chai tea or hot coffee.
I start hacking crap up for 30 minutes, but then Im fine the rest of the day.

Hope you feel better soon.