Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ghosts
I am interested in anything to do with ghosts some friends and I are going to spend the night in a haunted house soon. I can't wait.

they said u can ghost if u come back from the dead. :tongue:

this may sound crazy : i have 2 people i class as my best friends, 1 of them passed away this mon from a heart attack aged 32 !!! it was very unexpected and i would just love to see him again , i know it wouldnt be a scary expeirience at all if he were to appear - just to know hes ok on the other side really - i dont really believe or disbelieve in ghosts but for once i wud love to see him

I don't believe in ghosts in the Algernon Blackwood sense of the matter. No ectoplasmic entities shaking their chains in the dead of night, crying "woe!"

I do believe that very strong emotions can leave a lasting "psychic imprint" on areas that sensitive people may be aware of. That could be construed as ghostly behavior maybe.

For example, around 10 years ago, I had a friend who would become very sad whenever spending any amount of time in a certain room of his house. He couldn't explain it, we would go there to play a game or whatever...and his mood would gradually change from lighthearted and talkative, to withdrawn and moody.

As it would happen, I would come to learn that particular room was where the previous tenant succumbed to lung cancer after a very long, drawn out battle. Was he picking up the emotions of despair the previous owner surely must have felt? Who can say. I like to believe so.

I don't believe in the paranormal. I do watch ghost hunting shows, however. I find them funny.

I find it interesting, but the Okinawans are pretty superstitious. There are old bunkers and caves that they hid in during WWII when the americans came. A lot of them committed suicide, jumping off cliffs, japanese soldiers shooting the people, Japanese soldiers blowing themselves up all before the americans came. The Japanese had told the Okinawans that the americans were evil and were going to rape thier women and children and enslave them so they did this. Anwho, the bunkers and caves are still up and the people don't go near them because they say they are haunted. People go ghost hunting in these caves and bunkers. There is a hotel here (i think it was a hotel) that was being built but construction stopped because the workers said it was haunted. It's now more or less a tourist attraction that teenagers and stuff go to for ghost hunting, but because it's an old construction site, things fall apart and people die. But anywho, it's pretty interesting. It's cool to go look at the caves. They are gated off, but if you look inside you can see shrapnel and grenade pins from when they blew themselves up. Kind of eerie, but the history behind it is interesting. They have a memorial park for all the okinawans who died. They have video footage of people committing suicide and stories about people who hid. One lady was scared because a japanese soldier was going to shoot her and her child if the child couldn't stay quiet when they were hiding so the mother tried quieting her baby by closing its mouth. After a while the lady looked down and saw that she had suffocated her baby. Sad stuff, but I digress.
I like being around superstitious cultures. It's interesting to see how they believe and what they do to protect themselves from "spirits" and "ghosts"

I have had weird experiences. I myself am able to tell sometimes what kind of person someone is. I have had many strange experiences with spirit. I can sometimes feel stuff in rooms like a presence of Ghost or spirits. Last night for instance I was sleeping on the couch in the living room and I felt this light shinning on me and open my eyes. My living room light was on. I did not touch it. I jumped off the couch and thought someones here and looked around and no one. Talk about freaky. i have a good idea of who it might be though that is on the other side. But I have had much weirder experiences. I also am very skeptical but my experiences have proved me wrong with being skeptical.:biggrin:

Hello Dan,
Spending a night in a haunted place may seem like a great idea however I do ask that you and those in company respect the dead when in what they may seem as still being their place of life... Do not even attempt to do a Ouijabord under any circumstances unless your paying for a medium to say a protection prayer who has practiced in the art of this for quite sometime.. Do not be fooled into what most haunted broadcast because the nolvelty of somewhere being haunted in a way is based upon psychological effects rather than physical..
I used to live in a haunted place to the point i could feel someone standing at the back door watching me and I often can sense in a way if a place has a spirit within... Its not the dead that will hurt you its the living so if anything god fordbids does go bad ensure you all leave imeddiately as some spirits dont like unwanted attention.. Ghost hunters at times annoy me not all but some because they never show consideration for those who have died just to get a kick... If it does show something during the night talk in a respectful manner with upmost respect... I know where i used to live the room i shared with my boyfriend at the time during the night about four times a year we would have problems with the resident ghost and I informed my landlord that the house is cursed and doesnt want us there... I informed him that problems will occur and he denied this and eventually i was proven right and the house got re possessed (i do giggle at this as it sounds like the spirit took the house back)..

In my new home which i share with my ex relatives of his tend to pay a visit as in 2 years ive had 4 things smash and endured loads of mess to clean up and with a help of a medium found out who it is and its them letting us know they are visiting from beyond the graveSmile

Kindest regards

Zeon x