Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Global warming data manipulated
Confuzzled4 Wrote:Earthquake faults are very sensitive to changes in pressure. There is the short answer, I clearly am not going to get anywhere with you because you took the only part you didn't understand and tried to invalidate everything else I said.

I asked a question, that is all.

[MENTION=22879]kindy64[/MENTION], of course the science is unsettled. Science always is. It is the nature of a good scientist to always be observing and questioning the previous hypothesis.
I bid NO Trump!

LJay Wrote:[MENTION=22879]kindy64[/MENTION], of course the science is unsettled. Science always is. It is the nature of a good scientist to always be observing and questioning the previous hypothesis.

So, then why is every skeptic subject to derision or branded a heritic?
You surely remember the overpopulation scare stories, and all the other nonsense from the 70's.

Has anyone who buys the entire line of thinking on AGW stopped using their cars, air conditioning, electricity, or anything else that causes pollution? Are they willing to sacrifice their standard of living? Ed Begley Jr is about the only celebrity I know of who has.

If it's as dire as the predictions, then the backers of those predictions ought to be leading the way with a drastically reduced carbon footprint. Live by example.

Who is leading the charge to replace all the coal and natural gas electricity with nuclear power? That's the only feasible way to build enough capacity quickly enough to replace fossil fuels in a short enough time to make a difference. Earth based solar is never going to generate enough to replace what we currently use. Nor is wind, hydro, tidal, and solar combined.

Nope, haven't stopped using the car but I do keep it tuned up, consolidate trips, drive without wasteful quick acceleration, etc. The house has high efficiency lighting which is used along with light that comes through the windows. I do have air conditioning and gas heating provided by the highest efficiency system in the maker's line along with increased insulation in the house. Even the new roof the house is about to get will add energy efficiency to the house. It is warranted for 50 years to cut down on the waste of replacement.

I am envious of my younger sister who, at 65, uses her high mileage scooter and a bicycle to get around a small town and commutes to her studio across the patio and contacts her clients online.

I am doing the things I can with my Social Security income and some of my savings. I do wish I could do more and will do so if I can, but I am trying to do my part. Others here should consider the same ideas. Every little bit helps.
I bid NO Trump!

The average New Yorkers carbon footprint is about 70% smaller than the average Americans.