Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God is love?
SolemnBoy Wrote:Greetings atheists and religious people! I'm Pino the problem-solving penguin Pengy

Y'all need to calm down over here in this thread! Sure, religion can be manipulative and evil in equal amounts, but when handled right it's a lifestyle just as acceptable as that of an atheist. Remember: you may have more scientific backing than your religious classmate, but that's no reason for arrogance. You may feel good about your self-perceived sense of logic but people will still think you're a dick.

Also, having a faith does not make you any less capable of reason and intellect! So long as your beliefs are modernized in favor of acceptance and so long as you don't force your views on everyone else, people should, and will leave you alone. Except for the dicks that is.

Pino the problem-solving penguin has spoooooooken.

Yeah, I know. I'm done. I don't feel good about myself. Thanks again Pino the problem solving penguin. You've saved the day once again.

Wade Wrote:Yeah, I know. I'm done. I don't feel good about myself. Thanks again Pino the problem solving penguin. You've saved the day once again.

It's cool. Whenever bitches be actin' all cray-cray Pino the problem-solving penguin will set them fucking straight. Pengy

I find this discussion fascinating, and I hope we can keep it going in a respectful way. Not that I have much respect for religion, or even faith. I do, however, have a great deal of respect for the people who make up this forum. Sadly, the art of respectful disagreement is in decline, especially online. (Thank God for Pino!)

Quote:Originally Posted by Bowyn Aerrow
The Promise of Salvation, the 'Love of God' and all of those other positives that one hears about rings a truth inside of me. Perhaps this isn't your personal truth, but it is my truth, one that is validated by the fact that I am sitting here today typing all of this.

It is as valid to me as your atheism is valid to you.

The word 'truth' is tossed about very freely when people talk about their spiritual beliefs. Just because something feels right to you and seems to validate your interpretation of some experience doesn't mean that it is true. I suggest it would be more accurate to say that "the 'Love of God' and all of those other positives that one hears about" resonates with your beliefs. That doesn't make them true.

When I hear people say things like, "My personal truth is just as valid as your truth," that indicates to me that we are not talking about truth: we are talking about beliefs at that point. To me that sentiment cheapens the concept of 'truth' to the point of being meaningless.

As an atheist (and former Christian), I freely admit that I do not know the truth regarding god(s). I do feel what I can only describe as a "spiritual connection" with certain people and places. That's a mystery to me. Is it simply a trick of my mind, or is there some divine force acting on us? I am content to embrace the mystery, without naming it Jesus, Mohamed, Buddha, Gaia, etc.

[Image: sturgeon_wallpaper_pc.jpg]

Hey all, it's Pino's arch-nemesis Sheen the Shit-Stirring Sturgeon here, here to stir some shit!

Religious people are weak-minded sheeple who kneel before fickle gods on the word of greedy old pedophiles, and they will never get laid!

Atheists are all a bunch of stuffy, snarky, arrogant, amoral pricks who think they're smarter than everyone until they find the Good Lerd just before the end, and they will never get laid!

No you see, the best way to get laid is to play both fields against each other and to seem all mysterious and deep until you finally make it deep inside the mystery!

That is all,

Sheen

Wade Wrote:Yeah, see what you started LONDONER?

You should know that frothing, angry atheists like me just help ourselves. I see a post about religion, and like a bear to honey, I follow.

Ughh, I do disgust myself sometimes.

Fish2 A Fishy!

There is nothing quite so satisfying as starting a thread that will stir people to debate.

Miles Wrote:[Image: sturgeon_wallpaper_pc.jpg]

Hey all, it's Pino's arch-nemesis Sheen the Shit-Stirring Sturgeon here, here to stir some shit!

Religious people are weak-minded sheeple who kneel before fickle gods on the word of greedy old pedophiles, and they will never get laid!

Atheists are all a bunch of stuffy, snarky, arrogant, amoral pricks who think they're smarter than everyone until they find the Good Lerd just before the end, and they will never get laid!

No you see, the best way to get laid is to play both fields against each other and to seem all mysterious and deep until you finally make it deep inside the mystery!

That is all,

Sheen

Bitch, you dare call yourself my arch-nemesis? How could a species threatened by extinction hold anything against the wise and prosperous Pino? You're making me laugh over here! If you had the slightest indication of wisdom in your slippery body you wouldn't be so threatened by over-fishing. Leave the debating to us REAL animals. Pengy

This is why religion cannot be discussed civilly, no matter what is said about anything religious it is always going to be a 'personal attack' on someone else, and those someone elses are always going to be offended and get defensive, all over something that is written in a fucking book?

Get over yourselves, if you have faith in religion, keep your fucking mouth shut and be at peace with your own beliefs. If you don't have faith in religion and your faith lays elsewhere, keep your fucking mouth shut and be at peace with your own beliefs.

SolemnBoy Wrote:Bitch, you dare call yourself my arch-nemesis? How could a species threatened by extinction hold anything against the wise and prosperous Pino? You're making me laugh over here! If you had the slightest indication of wisdom in your slippery body you wouldn't be so threatened by over-fishing. Leave the debating to us REAL animals. Pengy

Bitch please! We been shittin' gold & caviar for a 100 million years, no wonder people be hatin'. Why not come up north of the equator and talk some shit to my face????

Miles Wrote:Bitch please! We been shittin' gold & caviar for a 100 million years, no wonder people be hatin'. Why not come up north of the equator and talk some shit to my face????

Enough! The agnostic atheist philosopher and mathematician Bertrand Russell is communicating to us a message from the grave:

I think if you have faith or not, what wrong with talking about it. By the way Mr tinkles, free will implys a God that's not all controlling, that's why I said it, so there's no contradiction there :-) but I've never had religion shoved down my throat like some people mentioned here, but you shouldn't let get in the way of an intelligent conversation about God, it doesn't have to be a Christian one, or an Islam one.
Why come on here and just do a face palm, anyone has the right to talk, nobody's trying to preach to anybody, there some people of faith here and people who believe in something.