Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God is love?
Do all the good debates start with Hitler comparisons?
He can do that if he wishes, you're right, he has the right to do so.
Equally.
I will facepalm.

Genersis Wrote:Do all the good debates start with Hitler comparisons?

No. But oddly enough they usually end with one.

'If God exists, I hope He has a good excuse.' (Woody Allen)

It's the most difficult question about God and so far no one has come up an answer: if there really is an almighty God and He loves us, then why all the suffering in the world?

George Carlin vs religion:

He was clearly very passionate about this subject.

MisterLove Wrote:George Carlin vs religion:

He was clearly very passionate about this subject.

I haven't posted enough yet so I can't post links but had I been able to I would have posted that one. It's brilliant. George Carlin is sadly missed.

Genersis Wrote:Do all the good debates start with Hitler comparisons?
He can do that if he wishes, you're right, he has the right to do so.
Equally.
I will facepalm.

Whoever mentions Hitler or nazi's first... loses!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

MisterLove Wrote:'If God exists, I hope He has a good excuse.' (Woody Allen)

It's the most difficult question about God and so far no one has come up an answer: if there really is an almighty God and He loves us, then why all the suffering in the world?

You might like this:

dfiant Wrote:This is why religion cannot be discussed civilly, no matter what is said about anything religious it is always going to be a 'personal attack' on someone else, and those someone elses are always going to be offended and get defensive, all over something that is written in a fucking book?

Get over yourselves, if you have faith in religion, keep your fucking mouth shut and be at peace with your own beliefs. If you don't have faith in religion and your faith lays elsewhere, keep your fucking mouth shut and be at peace with your own beliefs.

Bollocks to that! I enjoy a good, honest, intellectual, even emotional discussion about religion. The best is when you find someone who holds religious beliefs and is willing to discuss them without feeling personally attacked. By all means, do not keep your mouth shut. Just be prepared to be challenged.

Agnostic, coming through. Just passing by. Oh, just gonna squeeze through here. There!

"Love is wise, hatred is foolish."
Bertrand Russel

BAM!!!

Who needs faith or ancient misinterpreted texts when we have such clear moral expression from a real fellow-human?!