Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going on a date. Sickly nervous.
So I meet this guy on OkCupid (he contacted me). He is extremely cute. Way beyond what I would consider "my league." We've been texting back and forth almost non-stop for three days and we're going to meet for the first time tomorrow. There's this little lake/pond near where he lives and I suggested we just meet up there and walk around a bit and decide what to do then.

However, rather than feel excited I feel completely sick to my stomach. I'm experiencing a level of anxiety and panic that I haven't felt for years. I'm not sure why.

I know I'm probably being ridiculous, but if someone could talk some sense into me I would be really appreciative. I feel like throwing up.

P.S.

I'm aware this is a shameless, disgusting post. Oddly, I'm okay with that. Who needs dignity?

Well, first of all, just take a deep breath. BREATHE…. SOmetimes we have to take sometime and just talk ourselves down. BUt it really helps to breathe, relax, calm… think calming thoughts… not kidding here, LOL!

Emergency response...

Way beyond what I would consider "my league."

^^^THIS^^^ 86 this thought..get rid of it. If you go there thinking you are somehow "less than" him it will create anxiety.

Honey, CALM YOUR TITS!
Just breathe and think that whatever happen, going to happen for the best. Just be yourself like you're meeting a friend *maybe* with a little bit of filtration. Calm down, think positive, and everything will be fine.

Good luck

Totally agree w/ [MENTION=18508]East[/MENTION] , there.

That's a problematic thought from the get go… add TOO MUCH caffeine and you're good to freak.

Thank you very much everyone. Tits: being calmed.

I have never been on a date, so I don't know how much I can help. I guess I'd feel the same as you if it was me.

But I think it helps to think that probably he is just as nervous as you are. And well, try this :

Breathe in deeply, counting to 4(you have to take 4 seconds to fill your chest/stomach). Hold your breath for 4 second. Breathe out in at least 4 seconds (it can be more). Take 2 normal breaths, Repeat. Do it for some minutes, in my experience, it really helps to control anxiety and you will be thinking clearer after you've done it. You can do it now, to calm yourself and maybe some minutes before the date.

All the best

Hey. Just relax. He's clearly interested in you enough to be in contact so much and then arranging a date. Unless you faked your photo or details there's nothing to be worried about!!!

Good luck and let us all know how it goes.

Put on your big girl panties and remember that he contacted you. If you EVER think you are out of someone's league remember this: Someone, somewhere, there is a person tired of putting up with their shit.
Now go have fun and be yourself!

Lycanthropist Wrote:Put on your big girl panties and remember that he contacted you. !

I died laughing. Thank you. You're absolutely right.