Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Green lasers
Vigilias Wrote:BBC reporting is biased!

There was a particular BBC current affairs show in which the public could participate by phoning in with their opinion. In this case the topic was imigration.

It seems that if you called the show and expressed an opinion against imigration, you were far less likelly to make it to air.

A report said: “According to a former producer of Any Answers? who worked on the programme 10 years ago, people ringing in to the telephonists who act as a first filter would probably have found that, if they said they wanted to come on air and say immigration was too high or was harming the country, they would not make it through to the next filter and on to air."

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/412338/...mmigration

We pay a license fee for this corporation!

The actual programme that featured green lasers was nothing at all to do with politics but one called "Fake Britain" I believe. That deals with uncovering fake and illegal items sold in car boot sales and cheap shops etc.

I'm just amused that your worried about something like that.

Green lasers are brighter and look stronger because they more easily pickup particles in the air and our eyes are more receptive to green light.

They aren't necessarily more dangerous.

Its also pretty easy to get them anywhere if you really want them.
But if you are really concerned about dangerous lasers I'd be more concerned about blue lasers that are adapted from bluray players

Well, in the BBC programme that I saw they went in to detail about a young man who had suffered permanent damage to one eye because a schoolmate had shone a green laser at him Not a thing to be joked about.

http://www.technologyreview.com/view/420...-pointers/

PS: My head won't fit in the tray of a Bluray player.

I want a green laser now!

lasers
-tho their light is concentrated it does diverge given distance, likely no optics on these lasers and not dangerous past a feet distance.
-again the light is concentrated and chances are remote the light will hit badly

pellaz Wrote:lasers
-tho their light is concentrated it does diverge given distance, likely no optics on these lasers and not dangerous past a feet distance.
-again the light is concentrated and chances are remote the light will hit badly

They were being used while thousands of people were milling around in the Square. The chances of shining in to someone's eyes are very probable.

I don't get the worry really sorry?

I drive a car that I could use to kill people with so I don't.

artyboy Wrote:I don't get the worry really sorry?

I drive a car that I could use to kill people with so I don't.

No one was in the square driving around haphazardly but if you saw any of the footage on BBC or Sky, you would have seen that the lasers were being shone around haphazardly in all directions. Amidst all those thousands of people.

I just think these people have a little more on there minds than H&S lol!

artyboy Wrote:I just think these people have a little more on there minds than H&S lol!

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]That's precisely the point, they have so many other things on their minds that they just wave those green lasers around carelessly and don't think who they might be hitting.