Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greetings From Texas
Hello!
My name is Daniel, a high school student from Texas. I'm a violinist in 3 separate orchestras and have been playing for 8 years now!

Just recently, I came out to a few family members and a few friends. You guys say it gets easier! For me, it's like reliving my violin solo audition (to clarify: I forgot a few notes in my memorized piece..) . So, I decided to join this community after ~1 week of shadowing posts to work up the strength to come out to my next victim.

To be honest, I've learned to not care what other people think of me. But, when it comes to coming out, it is a whole new life I am trying to make for myself. It's scary to think of the wide spectrum of reactions I could receive after sharing who I am and who I want to be with!

Well, I plan on posting for a while to be a little more confident in my new skin.
PS. No.. We don't ride horses everywhere! (I've been asked too many times!)

Welcome Daniel! Thanks for the great introduction. You must be really busy going to school and being in three orchestras! You are so right it doesn't pay to care too much what other people think of you coming out. Gotta be yourself.

Welcome Danny Smile

It is very very daunting, but you do gradually begin to care less about what people think, therefore making being open a lot easier. Well, in my experience anyway Smile

Welcome

Hi Daniel
Happy to see you here on GS , as for not caring about peoples opinions of you ...just care about the people who react positively to you because those are the people that matter ... not the negative ignorant ones - enjoy your rebirth Smile

Hi Daniel welcome to GS Smile
An eye for an eye

Welcome, Daniel!
Feel scary about what people will think it's completely normal at first.
Unfortunately, we don't know how people will react every time when we came out.
Just, don't waste too much time wondering what people will think.
Hugs!

Thank you guys for the awesome responses!

Welcome Daniel. Hope you enjoy it here and good luck with your coming out experiences!
Gossip is the Devil’s telephone; best just to hang up.

Hello! Daniel. That's cool. My name is Max. I went to music college too.
I'm curious what piece do you play? Smile

Hi Max. I am not majoring in music in college, so the music college will not allow me to audition for the highest orchestra.

If I could've auditioned, I would've played Lalo's "Symphonie Espagnole, Op.21" and multiple movements of memorized Bach (probably Partita II). However, I am in the process of memorizing Bach's "Sarabanda" movement from Partita II for a competition.

My (now four) orchestras are playing multiple things: My school one is playing music for a musical (The Addams Family) for the end of January. My OTHER school one is playing Suk's "Serenade for Strings" and Borodin's "String Quartet No. 2" rewritten for orchestra. My OTHER OTHER school one is playing "Light Cavalry" by Franz Von Suppe, "Vocalise" by Rachmaninoff, and "Danzon No. 2" by Arturo Marquez. And lastly, my local orchestra is playing some Mozart (that I think is kinda boring). However, we are playing all of "The Planets" by Gustav Holst after the Mozart concert.

Hopefully I didn't give you a headache spitting out all this music at you!