Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gs Adults Only Section!
meridiannight Wrote:Huge charm that this site has is because it's a men only forum

One of us may in fact be a....

[Image: dolphin_computer250.jpg]

Though I really don't mind either way, I do agree that a heavy female presence is not crucial to the existence of this gay forum. I am sure there are already plenty of mixed and female-centric gathering spots all over the web. Why is it imperative to have the same here?

I'm fine either way, not sure what the big deal is about women being on the forum is for some... Frankly, I have no idea what gender anyone actually is... I could be... a woman. That is the beauty of a forum, all the bullshit labels we give people... gay, straight, fat, twink, bear, man, woman...other things all pretty much all go away...unless of course you post selfies, but otherwise we're talking among other humans not knowing anything else about them.

I do agree that men and women differ in their thinking process, gay or not. However, I don't think there is any reason to get up in arms about women being here or not...or by what proportions. It shouldn't matter. I get it...we're guys, we're gay, we like other guys...like being in the company of other guys, but on a forum it almost doesn't and shouldn't matter. I fail to see the logic behind this...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

NativeSon Wrote:One of us may in fact be a....

[Image: dolphin_computer250.jpg]

That's cute.
[MENTION=13210]Beaux[/MENTION], we mean you, of course!
''Do I look civilized to you?''

InbetweenDreams Wrote:I do agree that men and women differ in their thinking process, gay or not. However, I don't think there is any reason to get up in arms about women being here or not...or by what proportions. It shouldn't matter. I get it...we're guys, we're gay, we like other guys...like being in the company of other guys, but on a forum it almost doesn't and shouldn't matter. I fail to see the logic behind this...

This has nothing to do with logic, axle. It's a personal preference. It's to do with what I like and find pleasurable/enjoyable, rather than facts and rationality.

I can only speak for myself, I don't like being in the company of females. That's that. I am that discriminating when it comes to with whom I spend my time. But I don't dictate what this site is or is not. The users on gayspeak find their way here regardless of what I want. If the female user fraction increases, whether it be through intentional marketing/etc towards such end, or by chance -- I will leave, because the site and the atmosphere will no longer be what I enjoy. Simple as that.

And secondly, I don't know of any other place on the internet where it's men only. Gayspeak is among the few unique (if other such sites exist) in that respect.

[MENTION=21405]meridannight[/MENTION] How would you be sure that you are among men only (other than that we have a selfie thread that allegedly we have selfies of users)...There is no way to be sure. Do you think you could tell that you were in the presence of a female on the internet in a blind test, just curious? Most of the time I can't tell one way or another unless it just happened to come up about their gender...

But I agree I think it is a nice thing we have a predominantly gay male forum site. I have posted on other gay forums that were probably predominantly women and it is simply a different atmosphere...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

InbetweenDreams Wrote:@meridannight How would you be sure that you are among men only (other than that we have a selfie thread that allegedly we have selfies of users)...There is no way to be sure. Do you think you could tell that you were in the presence of a female on the internet in a blind test, just curious? Most of the time I can't tell one way or another unless it just happened to come up about their gender...

Well, for one, I am not a nihilist doubting everyone and everything I come across. Some of the things can be extrapolated to within a vicinity of being accurate without one actually witnessing it first hand. (We can find extrasolar planets without actually being present in their solar systems physically; maybe not the best analogy, but you get my point).

And I take people at their word unless I have a reason not to.

But, you could be right, and there could be people here who claim to be men, but are actually females. Even if that was true, their fraction can't be that great. It would be confined to a minority phenomenon. This is, after all, a site dealing with the topics and issues pertaining to gay men. Consequently, a greater majority of the users have to end up being males.

meridannight Wrote:But, you could be right, and there could be people here who claim to be men, but are actually females. Even if that was true, their fraction can't be that great. It would be confined to a minority phenomenon. This is, after all, a site dealing with the topics and issues pertaining to gay men. Consequently, a greater majority of the users have to end up being males.

Yeah I know that would be, pretty much laughable to think we have a large user base of females who claim to be gay guys on here...not saying there aren't any lurking around but...it was for the sake of discussion. However, I do wonder if there might be a definitive way to tell one way for the other.

Anyway, I really doubt the user base of GS will change, it will probably stay male majority... I'd say it's something to the order of 95% male here...
Check out my stuff!

inbetweendreams Wrote:How would you be sure that you are among men only (other than that we have a selfie thread that allegedly we have selfies of users)

OMG. I'm unattractive. Why would I subject anyone to my hideous selfies?

inbetweendreams Wrote:Yeah I know that would be, pretty much laughable to think we have a large user base of females who claim to be gay guys on here...

I refuse to believe you are this far gone. No....

NativeSon Wrote:OMG. I'm unattractive. Why would I subject anyone to my hideous selfies?

Oh don't be so hard on yourself...

I'm sure you are as handsome as much as you a smart ass Bee

Quote:I refuse to believe you are this far gone. No....

Scientology!

What are you meaning here? Did I mess up my grammar or do you think I think there's a bunch of straight women trolling on GS? Possibly? There are weird people in this world... Not that far of to imagine that there might be a few...
Check out my stuff!

inbetweensreams Wrote:Yeah I know that would be, pretty much laughable to think we have a large user base of females who claim to be gay guys on here...not saying there aren't any lurking around but...it was for the sake of discussion. However, I do wonder if there might be a definitive way to tell one way for the other.

Anyway, I really doubt the user base of GS will change, it will probably stay male majority... I'd say it's something to the order of 95% male here...

You somehow always manage to put a smile on my face.

How do you do it?